A couple 9632 NVR questions

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
First off I am a newby to the technical side of the camera world. I have been installing them for years for a company but don't do much past just that.

I am new to this NVR. I have only worked with servers for cameras in the past. A couple question if I may.

http://www.hikvision.com/UploadFile/image/2013052208524985525.pdf

1. Am I correct in assuming that the two LAN ports on this NVR can be used to connect POE switch's? I guess it just stops you at 32 cameras?

2. Can I get two monitors to run simultaneously? I have a spot monitor I need to run and loop four camera feeds to. I also have a monitor that will show all the cameras (17-24 cameras so far). For the second monitor I can't use a PC with the VMS software it has to be a monitor. I was thinking HDMI for one and VGA for the second unless there are distance issues. Both monitors are roughly 120 ft. away from the NVR.

3. I called Hikvision and voiced my concern about bandwidth issues. The highest upload speed we can get here is 12K. They said I should be ok ....... These cameras are all 3 & 4 meg. Seems that if I have three or four people accessing these at the same time I may have an issue. Your thoughts?

Thank you for any insight. I have to install this system pretty soon.

Brian

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you're finding that there seems to be no direct experience with that high-end NVR within the current set of forum viewers.
Certainly in the brief time from your initial post.
I called Hikvision and voiced my concern about bandwidth issues.
Did you ask them about your 3 questions?

*edit* I see the spec says:
Simultaneous HDMI, VGA and CVBS output
But I don't think that answers your real question:
Can I get two monitors to run simultaneously?
I called Hikvision and voiced my concern about bandwidth issues. The highest upload speed we can get here is 12K. They said I should be ok .......
I don't really understand this question.
Initially I thought it was about the line in the spec :
Network bandwidth Up to 80Mbps input, 160Mbps output, up to 128 network streams
which I suspect must be incorrect for such a high-end product.

Am I correct in assuming that the two LAN ports on this NVR can be used to connect POE switch's?
Yes, but you'll need to decide how to use them, and ensure the switch supports the mode of operation - for balancing and redudancy.
Dual network interface 10M / 100M / 1000M self-adaptive Ethernet interface, dual IP, load balancing, network redundancy

Last edited by a moderator:

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"Am I correct in assuming that the two LAN ports on this NVR can be used to connect POE switch's? / Yes, but you'll need to decide how to use them, and ensure the switch supports the mode of operation - for balancing and redudancy."

I was planning on hanging one of these on each LAN port. One would have 10-12 cameras on it. The other would have the router, the companies LAN, NVR and 8-11 cameras.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833181415

I did ask the Hivision tech about the bandwith but to be quite honest he was talking way over my head.
He also seemed confused when I tried to explain the 2 monitor situation. He was leaning towards an decoder solution.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
"Am I correct in assuming that the two LAN ports on this NVR can be used to connect POE switch's? / Yes, but you'll need to decide how to use them, and ensure the switch supports the mode of operation - for balancing and redudancy."

I was planning on hanging one of these on each LAN port. One would have 10-12 cameras on it. The other would have the router, the companies LAN, NVR and 8-11 cameras.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833181415

I did ask the Hivision tech about the bandwith but to be quite honest he was talking way over my head.
He also seemed confused when I tried to explain the 2 monitor situation. He was leaning towards an decoder solution.
The bandwidth will not be an issue, remove viewers should use the substream not main stream...hikvision calls it fluent.
That NVR supports dual monitor, the question is can it display different cameras on each or just mirror...From the manual it seems like you can designate the cameras you want for each output...but its not very clear...youll need to confirm with hikvision..

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update -
Yes the two LAN ports can be used that way but what I ended up doing. LAN 1 to Router, LAN 2 to POE switch and remote POE switch to that switch. These two port also give you the ability to separate you camera IP scheme form the customers IP network.

As far as the SPOT monitor situation I will be trying that soon. One monitor at head end with HDMI, spot monitor remote location with VGA cable. Any help from someone who has done this appreciated. Also will need to scroll 4-5 camera images out of 28 on this spot monitor.

Brian