A good 4 camera NVR set

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In need of a good setup. Any recommendations?
4K Ultra HD IP 8 Channel NVR System with 6 Outdoor 4K 8MP IP Cameras, 130FT Night Vision, 2TB Hard Drive
This for $578 or anything better at the same price?
Hi Cnitty76,

If you're going to go with one of the Lorex deals out there right now, try to get one of the kits with the newer model cameras. They have better sensors in them, and remember Lorex products do not support the Dahua OEM IVS features. ( The LNB8111B model = older model )

Also remember you can add the Dahua OEM 2MP starlight cameras to these Lorex kits if you're willing to take some time to sync the IP, port, user/password settings.

cnitty76

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you recommend any other brand kits?
It's for my mother in law not me I'll pay someone to install.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you recommend any other brand kits?
It's for my mother in law not me I'll pay someone to install.
Hi Cnitty76,

You know what we all like the most here.. Dahua OEM 2MP starlight cameras, nice POE switch, and Blue Iris PC. ;-)

Up to you want you'd like to get, just my recommendation is if you go with the Lorex deals is to get the newer model cameras.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The cost of installing a wired system will be more than the cost of the system. I would go to andy and build a quality DAHUA system. If it is your mother-in-law I would go with an NVR. It will still take some work on your part to get the network setup correctly with a VPN. Outside use 2MP starlight turret cameras. Make sure the cameras are installed properly, mount the door and driveway cameras low for good identification.

Also remember that most systems seem to grow. Always allow for more cameras, The difference in price between and 8 and 16 port system is not that much.

Keep the mother-inlaw happy.

Last edited: