A hard truth alot of you need to hear! - im an Idiot who does not understand wifi and blames BI.

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I've spent close to $2000 on my wireless setup, it works great. I get near gigabit speeds ANYWHERE on my property, its all enterprise grade Ruckus equipment.

Yet, I devote all my effort to NOT having devices on WiFi. WiFi sucks, and will always suck compared to running ethernet for stationary devices

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah this guy is right, I admitted failure of my Blue Iris system. And realized Blink was the way to go.....coupled with a 550Va battery backup, this baby could run for a month with out power!
I don't know why wasted so much time configuring Wifi routers with Wifi cams....this is the complete solution! I'm ordering three more camera's tonight!Blink.jpg

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
We have a revolving door of Caregivers ( the 5 sisters) of the 93 year old Mother in Law. Seems like there are alway 3-4 people in the house. She doesn't eat meat. So they frequently shop for produce. when they start pushing banana's on me i know they are about to go bad....LOL......Here John take 2 banana to work!

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The OP is still on his first message; what a way to introduce yourself. I'll bite, yeah, Wifi is convenient but it's not the be-all and end-all. During my recent house build I wired to every room plus some more along with all my CCTV cameras. I lost count the number of times my friends and colleagues told me to not worry about wiring, use Wifi. I'm so glad I didn't listen to them. Who wants to stream TV via Wifi, who wants to have the misses and kids also streaming TV at the same time. Like a poster above, I've got Access Points throughout but thank God I don't have to rely on them for the important stuff (CCTV and TV).

I'm now waiting on delivery of a Rainmachince irrigation controller, and I chose this model as it can be connected via a LAN cable. I dismissed the ones that only had Wifi.

Reaction score
No offense to those who replied to this thread, but you do realize you were trolled pretty effectively by @akriegl, don't you?

It's an old tactic. Go to a discussion board where <product A> is used and recommended by those who frequent it. Then create a throwaway account and post something along the lines of:

"I want everyone to know that <product A> sucks! I know this because I do <long list of amazing technical things follows> and never have any problems at all, but once I add <product A> to my system, everything grinds to a screeching halt!"

Note that @akriegl never asked for advice or assistance. He just visited long enough to stir the pot and then sit back to read the responses.

And I hate to say it, but most likely @akriegl is a throwaway alias of someone who already frequents ipcamtalk.com. So given how many responses he got from this troll, most likely he'll do it again with another alias.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Says the person posting to the thread LOL :lmao:

Maybe we need to implement a cool down period for new members LOL. Create an account and need to wait 21 days before your first post. Only the hard-core trolls has that amount of patience lol.:p

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
reolink is always an alternative.
you have to watch videos from hookup from youtube.
reolink is the winner in each category !

didnt someone posted yesterday how blueiris sucks because it doesnt catch any motion ?
FPS/key of 15.02/0.13 must be good enough !