A hard truth alot of you need to hear! - im an Idiot who does not understand wifi and blames BI.

akriegl

n3wb
Reaction score
Blue Iris sucks! Plain and simple. I have came across hundreds of threads about troubles with wifi cams and BI program. 90% of the comments blame wifi not being able to carry a stable constant stream. Or cams being cheap quality.. Well that is nothing but B.S. I can stream 4 Nvidia Shields all running 4k or crappy iptv service, run all 8 of my wifi cams on their native software, plus play the most demanding games that take a freaken $3,000 super computer to run while 2 of my kids play Xbox live all over our wifi without a hiccup. But you add 2 wifi cams to BI on a clean network with no traffic and its constant drops and reconnects. Not to mention those same cams stream just fine on ispy, agent or other 3rd party software. So take your excuses and bite me.
Edited by fenderman:
Im a raging lunatic who doesnt want help fixing his shitty wifi setup so I blame BI.

Last edited by a moderator:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What a way to make an introduction...

So what do you really think of the program?

Do these other apps serve as a VMS or do you only see the cameras when you open the app and when the app is closed the cameras could go offline and you have no idea?

You came to the wrong forum to gripe about BI lol. None of us have the problems you have.

Maybe you are a troll or just looking to be flamed LOL.

Last edited:

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yep, you're right, BI sucks. Not sure why I don't go use that free software that is so much better!

Yeah, if you don't like it so much, why did you come here? Troll much?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I manage 28 camera's on a site. many are through 4 concrete walls 250 feet away. rg-59 originally. now 2/3rds Ip. For a commercial install, not interested in Wifi. I am running 2 cams over the airwaves @2.4 GHZ on a pair of Ubiquiti Nano Loco's about 350-400 feet. Now thats some mothertruckin Wifi. 100% uptime in BI, sans 2 Bldg. power outages.
most Wifi cams are probably crippled in their menus with respect to Shutter, Focus, Zoom, and I-frames.
They're fine for set it and forget it home systems. your Wifi cam will get the first shot. My 5241-z12 will get the plate. and my over view cam gets the color etc.....
Screenshot 2021-10-31 173929.pngScreenshot 2021-10-31 173848.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have one install of BI v5 on a PC that meets the min. requirements and all 5 of their cams are wireless BUT....the cams have their own dedicated AP.
Runs great, hardly a glitch ever, smooth video, very few dropouts. The client loves it, even after 3 years.

But after using BI 3, 4 and now 5 since 2013 and 6 clients that love it I guess I'll quit using it all together, maybe even disassemble my own system. I dunno what to do now....I'm so disillusioned. I thought it worked great but I guess I have been fooling myself all this time....it failed because it's NOT PERFECT!

Now what to do? Anyone know of VMS software that is better than this horrible, poor performing, expensive, inflexible, Blue Iris? :idk:

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank goodness he came and made us all aware that our perfectly running system is actually trash :lmao:

I'm eyeing a replacement and switching to the reolink platform as we speak. Some hookup dude on YouTube convinced me that system is where it is at.;)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank goodness he came and made us all aware that our perfectly running system is actually trash :lmao:

I'm eyeing a replacement and switching to the reolink platform as we speak. Some hookup dude on YouTube convinced me that system is where it is at.;)
Heck, I going hog wild with some P2P battery-powered cams.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Blue Iris sucks! Plain and simple. I have came across hundreds of threads about troubles with wifi cams and BI program. 90% of the comments blame wifi not being able to carry a stable constant stream. Or cams being cheap quality.. Well that is nothing but B.S. I can stream 4 Nvidia Shields all running 4k or crappy iptv service, run all 8 of my wifi cams on their native software, plus play the most demanding games that take a freaken $3,000 super computer to run while 2 of my kids play Xbox live all over our wifi without a hiccup. But you add 2 wifi cams to BI on a clean network with no traffic and its constant drops and reconnects. Not to mention those same cams stream just fine on ispy, agent or other 3rd party software. So take your excuses and bite me.
Typical fool who has no clue. Blue iris has no clue whether the camera is on wifi or ethernet. You suck. You suck at understanding that unlike your streaming devices that send a buffered stream, the cameras need a solid connection. There are literally thousands of blue iris users here. Do you think we all have these issues? I dont believe the cameras stream fine in ispy and not BI. Ispy is likely not accurately reporting the dropped connections/frames. You are blaming blue iris because its pointing out the weakness of your shitty wifi setup.
I will paypal 10k to your account if you can give me a valid explanation on how BI knows the camera is wifi and why its only dropping wifi cameras. It drops shitty connections like yours. There are 100 other vms options for you, let us know how ispy works out lol...Fixed your title for you.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
I had the same problem ! Glad to hear that i am not alone :love:
You might not know that most here uses only cameras from companies like dahua or hikvision. They use racist software from nazis ! Hope you have seen captain america ! After Red Skull was killed they (the americans) took everything from hydra. They (hydra) had best cctv software back then, no one could compete. Some chinese was able to steal the source code but they fail to understand most of the code because it is all written in enigma ! Software like blueiris also uses parts from hyra, so its obvious that it can only work if both ends uses nazi code from hydra.

If you connect any other cameras to it, it fails or work bad. It must be a protection to force you to use their nazi stuff.
I am glad that i found a way around this.. some good leftists was able to understand enigma better than chinese... after they hacked their systems (password was 123456 LOL, stupid chinese) they made opensource stuff without all the nazi stuff.

i already meet two people here who also had problems and dont want to support companies like that, one is named john and the other ipcdal. Maybe we should connect together and build something together ... Its not acceptable that nazis are still in the world and uses racist software !

Here are some really good videos how to build your own cameras with known good communists opensource software... you only need wifi phone or old usb camera, works 100%. for recording free software is available... see last video ! only needs old laptop from 1933, no need for 3000 USD machine. dont support those capitalists !

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I think an important fact that most users who have Wi-Fi issues which they either forget about or aren’t aware of is that the cam will continuously be sending a stream to BI regardless if you are recording 24/7 or only on triggers. So that’s a continuous block of data which doesn’t pause or stop or even thinks about taking a rest.

It’s this that quickly overloads a Wi-Fi network.

Services like Netflix are like a swan, beautiful and serene on top but frantically doing things like buffering, monitoring the quality of the connection and dropping the resolution if there is a problem in the background, so unless the connection completely dies you probably might only notice a drop in PQ.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep I lose count of the number of times my yt video buffering slows a little but without obviously stopping, whilst my phone displays a "line chord error". I lvea you to figure out whether it's YT or a momentary drop on my line disguised on playback by the buffer.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
Yep I lose count of the number of times my yt video buffering slows a little but without obviously stopping, whilst my phone displays a "line chord error". I lvea you to figure out whether it's YT or a momentary drop on my line disguised on playback by the buffer.
use usb webcam from old laptop ! worka best and cheap. also for improve night vision you can buy 200 candles ! better than any china led floodlight

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I simply cannot believe neither Gladys Kravetts nor my spouse are in that picture.
That could be my ex-mother-in-law sitting between those 2 you mentioned.

Lord...please purge that thought from my memory...I was doing so well, it's been so many years but now it's coming back.
Oh, the fruit of recollection can be so bitter! :highfive: