A little back ground on youtube and their impact on a creators ad revenue

Reaction score
Ads are annoying, but I would have put up with them if it meant that the creators would get paid more. I've also heard that even when videos are demonetized, you still get compensated for premium views. Is this accurate? If so, in my opinion, that justifies the cost, because I think its the same if you buy a smart painel smm. With YouTube Premium, YouTube channels may make money from their viewers. According to my earnings for this month, I made about 55p per 1000 regular views and 94p per 1000 Premium views, indicating that it would be profitable if 75% of your viewers subscribed to Premium.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ads are annoying, but I would have put up with them if it meant that the creators would get paid more. I've also heard that even when videos are demonetized, you still get compensated for premium views. Is this accurate? If so, in my opinion, that justifies the cost, because I think its the same if you buy a smart painel smm. With YouTube Premium, YouTube channels may make money from their viewers. According to my earnings for this month, I made about 55p per 1000 regular views and 94p per 1000 Premium views, indicating that it would be profitable if 75% of your viewers subscribed to Premium.
I do not know enough about the youtube business / creator compensation besides you need to have a lot views for payout .. also you can donate in chat sometimes .. iirc youtube does take a significant cut

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Certainly! YouTube has had a significant impact on creators' ad revenue in the digital content landscape. Here's some background information on how YouTube and its monetization system affect creators' earnings:
  1. Ad Revenue: YouTube allows creators to monetize their videos by displaying ads. When viewers watch ads on a creator's video, the revenue generated from those ads is shared between YouTube and the creator. YouTube keeps a percentage of the ad revenue, while the remaining portion goes to the creator.
  2. Ad Formats: YouTube offers various ad formats, including pre-roll ads (shown before a video starts), mid-roll ads (shown during longer videos), and post-roll ads (shown after a video ends). Creators earn revenue when viewers interact with or watch these ads.
  3. Monetization Eligibility: To participate in YouTube's Partner Program and be eligible for ad revenue, creators need to meet certain requirements, such as having at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours in the past 12 months. These thresholds help ensure a certain level of content quality and audience engagement.
  4. Advertiser Demand: Ad revenue for creators can be influenced by factors such as the number of advertisers interested in running ads on their content, the target audience of their videos, and the overall demand for ad inventory on YouTube. Ad rates can vary based on factors like video topic, viewer demographics, and advertiser budgets.
  5. Content Guidelines: YouTube has community guidelines that creators must adhere to. Violations of these guidelines, such as the use of copyrighted material or inappropriate content, can result in demonetization of videos or even channel suspensions, impacting creators' ad revenue.
  6. Direct Fan Support: In addition to ad revenue, creators have the option to engage with their audience through features like channel memberships, Super Chat, and Super Stickers. These tools allow fans to directly support creators by making voluntary payments during live streams or by subscribing to exclusive perks.
It's important to note that ad revenue alone may not be the sole source of income for creators. Many creators also explore alternative revenue streams such as brand partnerships, merchandise sales, sponsored content, and crowdfunding to supplement their earnings.

Overall, YouTube's ad revenue system provides an opportunity for creators to monetize their content and earn income based on the popularity and engagement of their videos, but it's important to consider the various factors that can impact their earnings within the platform's ecosystem.
Please let me know you are a real person and not a chatty bot ..

what is 2 plus 2 ?

fyi -
@Ssayer
@bigredfish
@StevenFromTexas
@David L
@looney2ns

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
of course it's 4, why do you think I'm a chatbot?
you're new and they way you reply .. we've yet to see you sharing more info on the ip camera topics ..

Coltect

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
you're new and they way you reply .. we've yet to see you sharing more info on the ip camera topics ..
The more people engage with them, and tell them why they sound like bots, the more the AI learns. I have no idea how to stop this, but it is happening everywhere. I do notice it more on ipcamtalk because i tend to read most posts, but it is happening on many other forums too. It was sort of funny to start with but is becoming more worrisome and maybe sinister as it gets worse. @fenderman Any ideas on how to stop the bots ??
Edit: @fenderman, if you do have ideas, probably not a good idea to reply to me here how, AI bots are watching :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The more people engage with them, and tell them why they sound like bots, the more the AI learns. I have no idea how to stop this, but it is happening everywhere. I do notice it more on ipcamtalk because i tend to read most posts, but it is happening on many other forums too. It was sort of funny to start with but is becoming more worrisome and maybe sinister as it gets worse. @fenderman Any ideas on how to stop the bots ??
Edit: @fenderman, if you do have ideas, probably not a good idea to reply to me here how, AI bots are watching :)
We are looking into solutions. @Mike is aware of the sharp increase in bot accounts.