A little help with Blueiris

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I set up a user name and password an i am now able to connect thru the app and thru the browser. Whats the next step to do it out of my network so i can connect ot it mobile or from a another computer not in the network

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if you are using the Mac or Windows app or phone app but this video explains how to port forward pretty good. Obviously you'll want to put in the ip address of the blue iris server.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just to get it straight ill have to make an ip for it, cant use the actual ip that is with my comptuer thru my internet provider. I am on windows pc, using an airport extreme router. on an iphone app for blueiris

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When i port forward for the ip address do i do the router one i choose, or my local one to open so i can see outside of my network

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When i port forward for the ip address do i do the router one i choose, or my local one to open so i can see outside of my network
First you need to read a port forwarding tutorial so you understand what you are doing...otherwise you are asking for trouble.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having an issue where i am trying to setup port forwarding. Every time i click update for the router to take effect to the settings router will restart but never come online.

I will then have to manually go behind the router, pull the plug router comes back with a connection but all the settings are gone, and nothing is in the port mapping section.

I have tried multiple ways to get this router to reset, each time is ending with plug pull.

Anyone have any idea with what is going on?

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You should really read so you can understand everything and know what your doing. So when something goes wrong you can fix it. Also there are security risk involved in port forwarding, you should just do a Basic google search you can learn a lot that way or watch YouTube videos

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should really read so you can understand everything and know what your doing. So when something goes wrong you can fix it. Also there are security risk involved in port forwarding, you should just do a Basic google search you can learn a lot that way or watch YouTube videos
I do understand, and will take security measures as soon as everything is resolved. The one main issue i am having is settings are not saving i might just go pick up another router.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do understand, and will take security measures as soon as everything is resolved. The one main issue i am having is settings are not saving i might just go pick up another router.
Router is bad or you need to reset it to factory defaults and start over.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright will try that when i get home. Also i do have a second airport as a wifi extender (which i unplugged while trying this) should i just go ahead and reset that to just in case.

sotorious

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Alright going to do that asap as soon as i get home. If that doesn't work i guess it will be time for a new router.

Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Alright going to do that asap as soon as i get home. If that doesn't work i guess it will be time for a new router.

Thanks.
If you buy a new router, look at asus, they have a very easy to implement VPN.