A New Doorbell

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Dahua will release this one soon, with DMSS APP very soon, send the specifications for guys checking.
IMOU APP is crazy poor, so i think this time we will add this one in, but will make some testing. Will get some samples soon.

1635492849560.png

Attachments

Dan111

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys

Dahua will release this one soon, with DMSS APP very soon, send the specifications for guys checking.
IMOU APP is crazy poor, so i think this time we will add this one in, but will make some testing. Will get some samples soon.

View attachment 106458
Can this work with Mqtt so it can be integrated into home assistant?

Also will it have the logo on it or will the units Andy sells not have the logo?

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Too bad it doesn’t have a cover change kit. The current offering is um . I also second why they didn’t incorporate POE. This whole thing about making things smaller is really getting stupid. Are we to assume it supports RTSP / ONVIF?!?

What is the expected sales price?

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am looking forward to it and a review. This is still a hot market. One of my largest frustrations in this doorbell space is most companies do not fix bugs, leaning 100% to a string of new offerings, each addressing some bugs in prior offerings and introducing new bugs. In my opinion, they all are terrible at FP and FN triggers. in some locations this is a minor thing. for a doorbell facing the street with headlights, wind + decorations, lots of people on sidewalks, this is a really big deal, and very hard to get right.

I hope 1) Dahua gets a lot right on this offering; 2) has the will to fix and improve it with firmware (and app software) after it is released.

I am encouraged by a few things:
1) it ships with both a vertical and a horizontal wedge
2) it works with both AC and DC systems
3) it ships with a remote chime
4) it accepts uSD cards up to 250GB
5) it works with NVR (wee will see more on that later)

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree. I still believe a doorbell camera is one of the biggest market sellers potentially as it gives the perfect point protection to places of entry. The big issue so far has been poor performance and relaibility.

It would be nice to see Dahua build one around a simialr chip to that found in the Viofo A119 v3 as it's good both in day and night whilst small enough to fit a compact package.

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Too bad it doesn’t have a cover change kit. The current offering is um . I also second why they didn’t incorporate POE. This whole thing about making things smaller is really getting stupid. Are we to assume it supports RTSP / ONVIF?!?

What is the expected sales price?
Poe doesn't make much sense as a product in the doorbell space, people that want to have POE at their doorbell are not the target for doorbell cameras. Making them smaller also makes sense when marketing to a wider audience than this forum. People don't want a big camera on the front of their house. As this looks like the same doorbell from amcrest Ad410 I am going to assume that it will likely have the same features of RTSP and onvif unless they kill it with firmware which I doubt Duhua would do.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Poe doesn't make much sense as a product in the doorbell space, people that want to have POE at their doorbell are not the target for doorbell cameras. Making them smaller also makes sense when marketing to a wider audience than this forum. People don't want a big camera on the front of their house. As this looks like the same doorbell from amcrest Ad410 I am going to assume that it will likely have the same features of RTSP and onvif unless they kill it with firmware which I doubt Duhua would do.
People who don't want POE are the target for Ring etc. and I doubt Dahua is going to make much market penetration into that sector of the consumer market as it's clearly tailored to lower quality than professional cameras sold at high prices with simple setup. Serious CCTV users who are the typical users of Dahua / Hik, are more likely to be enthusiasts or professionals or companies and so want POE for quality and care more about camera / Picture quality that consumers over ease of setup.

Ultimately , no reason why it couldn't have both POE and wireless apart from it bumps up cost.

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
People who don't want POE are the target for Ring etc. and I doubt Dahua is going to make much market penetration into that sector of the consumer market as it's clearly tailored to lower quality than professional cameras sold at high prices with simple setup. Serious CCTV users who are the typical users of Dahua / Hik, are more likely to be enthusiasts or professionals or companies and so want POE for quality and care more about camera / Picture quality that consumers over ease of setup.

Ultimately , no reason why it couldn't have both POE and wireless apart from it bumps up cost.
How many people have POE going to the doorbell? Dahua also isn't building cameras to sell to us. They are building cameras to sell to lorex, amcrest, la view, RCA, etc. Those companies are trying to make in-roads into rings' market. We know this because both Amcrest and Lorex are selling this camera rebranded already from the looks of it. Lorex for sure. I am 99% sure the amcrest ad410 is this with a different face. Dahua does make POE doorbells if you want one and they are professional like you said.

Duh987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have POE going to my doorbell. Currently with a Ring Elite and looking for better options. Doubt I'm alone in this.
I don't think you are alone either and that wasn't what I was saying. I am saying that you are a small minority of the people that are buying doorbell cameras with POE.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
How many people have POE going to the doorbell? Dahua also isn't building cameras to sell to us. They are building cameras to sell to lorex, amcrest, la view, RCA, etc. Those companies are trying to make in-roads into rings' market. We know this because both Amcrest and Lorex are selling this camera rebranded already from the looks of it. Lorex for sure. I am 99% sure the amcrest ad410 is this with a different face. Dahua does make POE doorbells if you want one and they are professional like you said.

We have this kit, and sell good too.