A reason to add one more camera

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I've got a Bosch PIR in every room and two more in the basement. They seem solid as a rock and we haven't had a false yet, say six months now. I do want to get some Guardline PIRs in on the outside perimeter. I want that prep time, too.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I assume "Guardline PIR" are desired due to be wireless? Just trying to compare Bosch vs Guardline.
Yes. Theyre easy to install, seem to be sensitive enough and the only false alrams Ive had have been my own fault with aiming and/or settings. Granted I live in a small modest home, but Ive also helped a buddy and a family member install them in rural settings and outside of the ocassional bear or Elk, no false alarms and these are 300-500 ft from the receiver...

Reaction score
So here I am adding a cam for LPR and then the car might have been stolen so license plates may not be as helpful as hoped for, but I gotta try.
But even if it is stolen, it may be possible that they are still using the car and giving that info to the police would help, even if they abandoned it there might be other evidence inside.

not just from a criminal standpoint but as previously written, a civil standpoint.
Also an emotional standpoint. My friend talked about how the stress of the whole situation, from that night having to deal with everything (including his family), to the media drama, to the legal proceedings and then the law suit, was unbearable. Then on top of that he has to deal with the fact that he took another's life, and while he was not prosecuted, the person was not intending to do him harm. He has to live with that. He has to live with how others treat him that know of the incident. People that have never been in that situation can be assholes with their quick judgement and big mouths. Especially people that are anti-gun.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
@gwminor48 , I believe the justification for cameras, is cameras! The more the merrier.

However, in this case, what will the extra camera do for you? A good alarm, or hell just a siren that goes off on vibration shock would cost less and do more than an LPR camera.

So, the video was from someone you actually know? It looked kind of staged to me and I would have figured it was a Ring fake news video. After all the effort of breaking in, they left rather quickly and without much to show for it as far as I can tell.

I want to get LPR cameras but with HOA regs, placement is pretty hard.

I just hope everybody is safe. Best wishes to you and your neighborhood.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
So, the video was from someone you actually know? It looked kind of staged to me and I would have figured it was a Ring fake news video.
It was a neighbor about 1/4 mile away. The video is on local news. I walked by there yesterday and the door is boarded up with plywood. It looks like they have an alarm system. Maybe it wasn't set. I heard screaming on the video but no siren.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I want to thank all those who have done the heavy lifting on LPR. Thanks to them I had a good idea where to start with the settings. I'm sure I'll have a little more tinkering to do but I had this set up in a day thanks to the previous LPR gurus although I admit night time is a challenge. I got my HFW5241E-Z12E from Andy (great as always).LPR.20200901_173755428_1.jpgLPR.20200902_072144087_1.jpg