A reason to add one more camera

Reaction score
I wonder why she waited to scream when they got inside.
I wondered the same thing. Maybe they were asleep and the bedroom is upstairs. She may not have heard the first few kicks and then finally woke up. It probably took a while to comprehend the situation and head downstairs. She may have been on the phone calling 911 and only screamed when they entered.

brianegge

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't fault the carpenter for the install. The fire department usually hits right at the door plate with ram. I would have thought thieves would have broken the side glass and opened the door. Something was going to break. The repair bill to reattach the frame might be less than the cost of replacing the door.

kolbasz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
curious, how much is a good LPR? I only have one camera so far, but I showed this and some LPR footage to my wife and she says get one. We recently had some car theft on the street and it seems one of those my allow me to crack the case...

Reaction score
curious, how much is a good LPR?
There is a whole forum dedicated to LPR here. LPR is part science and part art. It is more than just setting up a cam and voila you get plates. It takes a lot of planning and adjusting settings to get things right. Also getting plates at dusk and dawn is very hard.

The current cam most folks are using now is the Dahua HFW5241E-Z12E which Andy sells for about $220.