Accessing the Hikvision Web portal via Tablets?

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Curious, is there no way to access the Hikvision web portal to manage camera settings, etc. via a tablet? What i've tried so far:

Android Tablet (Nexus 7):
1. Can log in via chrome, but as is known, chrome no longer supports Live View
2. Can log in via Firefox, but Firefox also gives me an "no plug in detected" error, and doesn't give me a popup to download one for the tablet (is there one?)
3. Tried Dolphin browser, but I can't even click the "login" button, does nothing

Ipad 2
1. Tried accessing via Safari, but run into the same error as the Dolphin browser above, clicking Login doesn't do anything. Actually, after several seconds, a popup comes up which says "Note: Network Abnormal".
2. Tried Dolphin, same issue as Safari.
3. Haven't tried Firefox as I'm not on iOS 8.2 with my iPad2, and don't want to risk bricking it.

So far the only thing that works for Live View is iVMS-4500, but I'd prefer to be able to manage the config of my cameras/NVR without having to always boot up my laptop.

Humorously, not that it would solve what I'm trying to do, but figured I'd download the iVMS-4500HD app for my Samsung Galaxy S6 phone and Nexus 7 tablet. After I configure my NVR as a device, click save, click "Launch Live View", the cameras start to pop up in the Live View screen and I then get booted out with a "iVMS-4500HD stopped working" error.

Loving the mobile management options so far. Though I'm hoping this is all just user error!

Maybe the long story short question is whether there are any plug-ins for mobile versions of Firefox that I can install on my android devices?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Browsers on mobile devices don't generally support plugins in the first place. The one exception being Windows tablets running the full version of Windows, not the gimpy ARM builds that lack a desktop.

Eventually the HTML standard will adopt a decent live streaming protocol, and maybe 5 years after that the IP cam manufacturers will start using it and we'll hopefully see the end of plugins in IP camera interfaces. But until then, the choices are unfortunately limited.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if this would work on your iPad2 with the older iOS, but may be worth knowing about if you've not already seen it:
Software Name:
Plug-in V3.0.5.26 build20150126 for Mac OS
Software Size:

Software Description:

This is the live view plug-in for Mac OS, after installation you will be able to live view most of Hikvision DVR/IPC/Encoder on Safari or Chrome for Mac.
1 Version: V3.0.5.26 build20150126
2 Support Mac OS 10.6.4 or later version
3 Support Safari/Chrome for Mac(Chrome 39 and later version is not suitable)
4 Please close the web browsers while you are installing the plug-in
5 Theoretically supported Hikvision DVR/IPC/Encoder:
DVR with firmware V2.0.0 or later, IPC with firmware V3.2.0 or later, DS-6600 and DS-6700 encoder.
http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_82.html

Webcomponents doesn't seem to exist for Android, judging by this list of support OSs.
http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/02 Web Components/

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Mac OS is not the same thing as iOS. Apps from one OS are not compatible with the other.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should be able to get to the webgui via any browser you just won't be able to make changes to the video settings but anything else you should be able to, you may be able to get the puffin browser to work, it supports flash

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Apples are good for one thing selling lol.
And eating!

Long time now since I owned an Apple phone although I still own an iPad and looking to replace wi an android tab.

People who like to tinker soon realise that Apple's ios syst m becomes a pain in the rear to do anything other than what Apple want you to do!
At least android gives you a bit of freedom and is a lot more polished these days