ACTI issues

Simon Dog

n3wb
Reaction score
Democratik People's Republik of Massachusetts
I am setting BI up with a mixed camera vendor configuration. I am having some issues witrh the ACTi E816 camera:

1. I have the latest version of BI that include ACTi.

2. I can connect to the camera ucint ACTi->Video port 6002, but not using any of the other options including H264

3. I cannot connect using any generic ONVIF options

4. The problem: While I see the video, the frame update is MUCH slower (several seconds per frame) than viewing the video using a browser connected directly to the camera or the ACTi NVR software (I need to move to Blue Iris for multi-camera vendor support

5. Does this sound like something that would work better with an H264 connection (don't see H265 in the acti list). Looking for suggestions as to how to get that to work. Does ACTi use a non-default RTSP port? Other ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am setting BI up with a mixed camera vendor configuration. I am having some issues witrh the ACTi E816 camera:

1. I have the latest version of BI that include ACTi.

2. I can connect to the camera ucint ACTi->Video port 6002, but not using any of the other options including H264

3. I cannot connect using any generic ONVIF options

4. The problem: While I see the video, the frame update is MUCH slower (several seconds per frame) than viewing the video using a browser connected directly to the camera or the ACTi NVR software (I need to move to Blue Iris for multi-camera vendor support

5. Does this sound like something that would work better with an H264 connection (don't see H265 in the acti list). Looking for suggestions as to how to get that to work. Does ACTi use a non-default RTSP port? Other ideas?
Some things to note. That camera doesnt support 265.
What resolution are you running the camera in? Anything over 1080 is limited by the camera to 7fps.
You are experiencing several seconds per frame so there is something else going on.

Ensure you have enabled onfiv on the camera and are using that account in BI for find inspect

Simon Dog

n3wb
Reaction score
Democratik People's Republik of Massachusetts
Some things to note. That camera doesnt support 265.
What resolution are you running the camera in? Anything over 1080 is limited by the camera to 7fps.
You are experiencing several seconds per frame so there is something else going on.

Ensure you have enabled onfiv on the camera and are using that account in BI for find inspect
Should I be able to connect from ACTi using H264? I am wondering if Video port 6002 is the issue. I don't see config for those ports in the camera web page - will check again.

Here is what Blue Iris INSPECT of the camera shows:

HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2006-02-09T08:09:41.000Z
Requesting device information...
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Search services: /onvif/device_service
Has Imaging services: /onvif/device_service
Has media services: /onvif/device_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/device_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 2
InputConnectors: 2
Has Device IO services: /onvif/device_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Should I be able to connect from ACTi using H264? I am wondering if Video port 6002 is the issue. I don't see config for those ports in the camera web page - will check again.

Here is what Blue Iris INSPECT of the camera shows:

HTTP Get / request...
OK
ONVIF GetSystemDateAndTime
2006-02-09T08:09:41.000Z
Requesting device information...
GetCapabilities...
Querying services
Has Search services: /onvif/device_service
Has Imaging services: /onvif/device_service
Has media services: /onvif/device_service
Has RTP_RTSP_TCP, requesting profiles
Has Event services: /onvif/device_service
Has WSPullPointSupport
RelayOutputs: 2
InputConnectors: 2
Has Device IO services: /onvif/device_service
AudioOutputs: 1
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI9821 V2 compatible?
Foscam FI9821 media port compatible?
Cantonk port 34567?
RTSP port open?
RTSP port detected!
Done
post the video streaming settings from within the cameras web interface.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My problem is the Acti cameras are not recording when set to "record directly to disk", Any idea if I am missing a setting or of there is a problem recording direct to disk with the ACTi cameras. One camera's video setting is:

View attachment 167568
you have not posted your settings as requested. From the cameras web interface.