Can anyone help?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Added a 4k Dahua turret to my 4k Lorex system and am getting this

conf.LoginErrorNo-18

Can anyone help?
Hi Arkangel86,

Check IP address, user/password, port settings on NVR and camera.

You may need to directly access the camera and setup up the user/password. ( see the cliff notes for instructions )

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alright,

I connected the camera to 12v DC and to my router via Cat6

The Camera is powered up, i type in 192.168.1.108 into my firefox browser and it “times out” every time

Any ideas?

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I went into my router settings and found the camera on 192.168.1.122

I went to that address and dahua technology page pops up. It tells me to “install controls”. I click ok and it opens another window with url 192.168.1.122/webpluginpkg and it displays “404 Not Found”

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Alright,

I connected the camera to 12v DC and to my router via Cat6

The Camera is powered up, i type in 192.168.1.108 into my firefox browser and it “times out” every time

Any ideas?
Hi Arkangel86,

Did you look at the cliff notes?

Have you tried the Dahua software config tool?

Remember, many things no longer work with browsers as they are securing browser.

Search here on browsers and plugins.

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did look at the cliff notes and did not see anything that related to my problem.

I contacted Andy at EmpireTech he told me to do it via the browser which is not working

I have downloded the config tool to my mac and when I try to connect to the camera it fails.

This is over my head, i have no idea what I am doing

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I did look at the cliff notes and did not see anything that related to my problem.

I contacted Andy at EmpireTech he told me to do it via the browser which is not working

I have downloded the config tool to my mac and when I try to connect to the camera it fails.

This is over my head, i have no idea what I am doing
Hint Arkangel86

USE IE.

or get pale moon browser.

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Matt,

Thank you for your replies.

I have pale moon browser and I still cannot connect. To my knowledge there is no IE for Mac.

My LAN settings are as follows so there should be no problem correct?

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your lan settings are fine. What model Lorex NVR? The newest Dahua firmware you need to go through the wizard on the camera and set the initial password and answer a couple of questions. I'm not sure on Mac what the options are. I know on Windows you can use IE and install the plugin or Chrome and use an extension for Chrome.

Also on most camera you can skip the plugin and still get to all menus you just will not be able to see video. Might work and be enough to at least let you configure things.

Lorex NVR I have defaults to port 35000 for cameras while Dahua default is 37777. Maybe you can change the port it is looking for on the NVR?

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

i am trying to add this camera. I dont understand what the problem is. I am doing everything I am supposed to and no luck. I do not have access to a Windows PC. Beyond frustrated at this point

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Arkangel86

Don't worry hang in there.. it's going to be something simple that just is not aligned.

You may need to borrow a friends window machine or use a VM on the Mac and run the Dahua Config tool on the camera to get the user/password and IPs set appropriately.

There's a thread where another SD'er covered what they had to do to get a Dahua OEM camera to work w/a Lorex NVR.

iirc it was getting the user/password and IP / port info configured on the camera and NVR properly to match.

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ahhh..... took me a few to find that. That is one of the Lorex NVR's that is not OEM Dahua. :( Quick easy giveaway is the 48V DC power input. I think that is made by Raysharp. They use a 48V DC power input on their NVR's. H.265 Series IP Solutions - Raysharp

4K NVR with 8 Channels and Lorex Secure Remote Connectivity
Datasheet https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/security-nvr/LNR6100-Series/LNR6100_Series_Specs_R1.pdf

They do not state if that model is ONVIF compliant.

But..... on their compatibility page they show the non Duhua OEM cameras AND the OEM Dahua cameras as being compatible. :confused:
Lorex Product Compatibility

So I'd think it could work but it might take some digging. I'm honestly not sure myself.

Actually scratch that. Dahua does have some "lite" series NVR's that do have a power brick for power like that but I still have no idea if that one is actually Dahua or not. This might be an NVR4108-8P-4KS2. No external serial port on that model though so no easy cross-flashing to Dahua firmware.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ahhh..... took me a few to find that. That is one of the Lorex NVR's that is not OEM Dahua. :( Quick easy giveaway is the 48V DC power input. I think that is made by Raysharp. They use a 48V DC power input on their NVR's. H.265 Series IP Solutions - Raysharp

Datasheet https://www.lorextechnology.com/downloads/security-nvr/LNR6100-Series/LNR6100_Series_Specs_R1.pdf

They do not state if that model is ONVIF compliant.

But..... on their compatibility page they show the non Duhua OEM cameras AND the OEM Dahua cameras as being compatible. :confused:
Lorex Product Compatibility

So I'd think it could work but it might take some digging. I'm honestly not sure myself.
Hi MixManSC

The NVR is a Dahua OEM NVR in this case - it is the one they've included in the "4K Lorex kit from Costco" which is a Dahua OEM

Here is the thread on that kit:
FYI - Some local Costco B&M have a Lorex / Dahua OEM 4K 6x camera kit and 8 port NVR for $800

There is another NVR which I believe is NOT a Dahua OEM...

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes - that other one is what I thought this was at first. On digging a bit more I think this one is a Dahua as you say. It probably will be a matter of getting the port numbers and initial login/password setup figured out. I know the other model Lorex NVR I have defaults to 35000 instead of 37777 like OEM Dahua does. Is there a Mac config tool? Or maybe that Windows emulator for Mac's might work? I'm not versed on Mac stuff though. A mouse with only one button screws me up. :lol:

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes this DVR defaults to 35000, I just changed it to 37777 as I have that set up for port forwarding on my router

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes this DVR defaults to 35000, I just changed it to 37777 as I have that set up for port forwarding on my router
warning, warning, warning.

DO NOT PORT FORWARD!

Your system will eventually get hijacked.

Use a VPN

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does the PC have to be connected via cable to the router? My brother has a windows laptop but no ethernet port on it

MixManSC

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I agree.... its not a good idea to port forward these at all. That being said, IF you insist, at least change it to some other high random port for one and make sure NO other ports are forwarded. Especially HTTP (80 and 443). Also in that scenario would be good to have the NVR in a separate vlan or subnet with a one way route setup in the router. I'd also strongly make sure you keep the latest firmware from Dahua (but that is not an easy option on the OEM Lorex NVR you have). I'm pretty sure after getting dragged through the media and over the coals about their prior security that Dahua is taking it seriously now. They have multiple white papers and the very first thing they put in their newer documentation is all about addressing security with things like changing the default port, default passwords, etc.

On the laptop - no, not as long as the wifi is giving IP addresses on the same 192.168.1.x subnet and does not restrict access between wifi and hardwired machines.

Arkangel86

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alright, no luck with IE, tried config tool on windows laptop, initialized it and set a password, tried it and “invalid password” on screen. Plugged it back into router and now getting this