moshe

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible?

Thank's

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes it can be added by the RTSP stream, it reportedly has ONVIF but has not been confirmed

I have one coming soon

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wife just bought to me an early Christmas gift of a Ring2. After doing some research here and found out that it would not marry up to BI. So we are going to return it. Doing more research here I see that this VTO2111D-WP Will marry up to BI But I will need to figure out a way to make my old door bell still ring when the button on the unit is pressed. Will be back when I find out anything.

BTW Cameraman27 I would think you have had yours for a bit now. Any comments?

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wife just bought to me an early Christmas gift of a Ring2. After doing some research here and found out that it would not marry up to BI. So we are going to return it. Doing more research here I see that this VTO2111D-WP Will marry up to BI But I will need to figure out a way to make my old door bell still ring when the button on the unit is pressed. Will be back when I find out anything.

BTW Cameraman27 I would think you have had yours for a bit now. Any comments?
You can make the Dahua VTO set off a normal doorbell chime but it invovles some hacking of the unit, I did this to mine but instead of a chime it sets off a zwave sensor.

I like my VTO unit very much and it's so much more versatile than the commercial off-the-shelf doorbells if you are willing to set it up and 'hack' it.

The ability for POE and BI compatibility really set it apart. I love mine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can make the Dahua VTO set off a normal doorbell chime but it invovles some hacking of the unit, I did this to mine but instead of a chime it sets off a zwave sensor.

I like my VTO unit very much and it's so much more versatile than the commercial off-the-shelf doorbells if you are willing to set it up and 'hack' it.

The ability for POE and BI compatibility really set it apart. I love mine.
does the two way audio work via BI?

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
does the two way audio work via BI?
Audio does function in BI but its full of static and is unbearable to listen to even with the different 'squawk' settings, or whatever it's called. I couldnt get it smooth.

Audio works in the dahua app (even after hacking) but I do not have it working on my BI install currently. I emailed BI support, and I needed to re-pay for support before they wanted to help and see if they could get it to work.

The Dahua VTO may very well have two way audio in BI, but at this time I'm not willing to pay for the support to see if it will work. Maybe in the future i can, or someone else can try.

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cameraman27 That support you are speaking of. Is that like for a year after you buy the full BI? If so, maybe I can ask them about support for the bi direction audio. I bought my full copy back about 3 or 4 months ago. BTW thanks for the feedback. Just waiting for B & H to tell me that they shipped. Supposed to be here Thursday. Something to play with, but first going to try to set up my VPN next weekend. Gone through 22 pages of the VPN for noobs and then some again. Head is swimming with info.

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cameraman27 That support you are speaking of. Is that like for a year after you buy the full BI? If so, maybe I can ask them about support for the bi direction audio. I bought my full copy back about 3 or 4 months ago. BTW thanks for the feedback. Just waiting for B & H to tell me that they shipped. Supposed to be here Thursday. Something to play with, but first going to try to set up my VPN next weekend. Gone through 22 pages of the VPN for noobs and then some again. Head is swimming with info.
yes I believe thats the support, I havent renewed mine after the 1 yr mark.

let me know when you receive it!

Paulx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cameraman 27, received my my video doorbell yesterday. Had a chance to look at it a bit today. It appears that the voltage across the actual button is 3.3 when not depressed and as one would expect, drops to zero when depressed. So, now to figure out a way to reverse the logic and at the same time isolate the door bell side of the circuit. With that low of voltage it is going to be real touchy to voltage bleeding into the circuit and I suspect going to be careful to not over draw current from the circuit.

cameraman27

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cameraman 27, received my my video doorbell yesterday. Had a chance to look at it a bit today. It appears that the voltage across the actual button is 3.3 when not depressed and as one would expect, drops to zero when depressed. So, now to figure out a way to reverse the logic and at the same time isolate the door bell side of the circuit. With that low of voltage it is going to be real touchy to voltage bleeding into the circuit and I suspect going to be careful to not over draw current from the circuit.
I used a ZWAVE always closed (NC) sensor which detects the 3.3v and sets itself off when it drops to 0v (OPEN).

I used this sensor (it has leads you can use with two small wires):

See here for my thread:
Dahua VTO2111D-WP Information and Hacking

and here for the original idea some a guy in Australia:
Hacking Dahua Video Intercom VTO2111D-WP to add a ding dong bell

basically you need to wire a diode (to keep current from flowing backwards) resistor and transistor to do the 'switching' all in a series.

I also used a breadboard with the 3.3v line switched on to do the testing with my ZWAVE switch.

My doorbell has been pressed dozens of times so far with no issues. Although I did lose the 'voice' that says 'calling' after the doorbell is pressed. dont know why and I didnt feel like troubleshooting it.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Airbag888

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for necro'ing this. I have a Dahua Villa kit camera (with screen/poe switch) and I'm getting socket error 10054 in BI when trying to connect :(

Any guidance?