Adding Dlink DCS-935L to blue iris nightmare

Reaction score
5 concurrent streams and according to task manager its taking up 4.8-5.3% of my CPU. I have never compared it to H.264 but ill take it just to get it to work :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
5 concurrent streams and according to task manager its taking up 4.8-5.3% of my CPU. I have never compared it to H.264 but ill take it just to get it to work :(
that is because its a low res 720p camera...it will also take more storage space...avoid dlink in the future..

Reaction score
that is because its a low res 720p camera...it will also take more storage space...avoid dlink in the future..
Indeed they are very crappy cams

...update - Adding 24/h continuous recording and a 6th cam did bump it up to 17-20% cpu util, i have everything on the highest settings. still ok with it tho

Last edited:

Dudester

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been having this issue myself. If set the camera make and model to Dlink and their respective MN in the configure tab I have no video. If I leave it Generic it works fine. On my ptz cams i do have to change it to Dlink only under the PTZ tab and then the PTZ works.
One other issue i have is with a dcs 2330l using wifi. its a bad signal and i understand that but it drops the signal to blue iris and the live video in the camera web interface. They both will show a still shot of the same old video( from hours before) but have the current time broadcasting. They do not say no signal. If I sign into the dlink app they have the current live video. I can flip between Blue Iris and the Dlink app at the same time and see two different live shots when the wifi is dropped on Blue Iris,if this makes sense. If I dropped wifi why does the d link app still pick it up?