Adding Microphone to Hikvision IP camera DS-2CD2135F

gasbie

n3wb
Reaction score
I just bought two Hikvision IP camera DS-2CD2135F. I have tried everything possible to add an external microphone to this camera to no avail. I even tried the microsoft xbox 360 mic just like someone in this forum did, but it never worked for me. camera is currently running on v.5.3.3. The mics that i have tried is a passive one, therefore it does not require power. All help will be appreciated. thanks

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use the audio-in + and -. Change the setting to mic-in, 711 sounds best, 726 uses less processing.

I use a very tiny mic and they work fine.
I use these http://www.ebay.com/itm/221911521401

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

alarmpro

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to add to this.. You cannot select mic in/line in. Only line in is available in the pull down menu on this ds-2cd2135f-is. So it looks as though it will need a powered mic. I did try a small non-powered mic, it will not work. I have the mic working in my other Hikvision models.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a 2135f and version 5.3.6 and no issues under audio/ video tab. I wil have to check my other one for version number but, are you sure nothing in audio vid tab eh?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 2135f and version 5.3.6 and no issues under audio/ video tab. I wil have to check my other one for version number but, are you sure nothing in audio vid tab eh?
Do you have the option for both line in and mic in? That is what the op is asking.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do you have the option for both line in and mic in? That is what the op is asking.
No I don't just a line in option. Strange though because I added a mic before and heard it, I just got some new ones and was going to install today will update in a bit see if it works.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No I don't just a line in option. Strange though because I added a mic before and heard it, I just got some new ones and was going to install today will update in a bit see if it works.
Ok so I figured out why I can hear on it ...I have two of the 2135f and the other one with the 5.2.5 version has both the mic and line options. My newer version with 5.3.6 has no mic option ( that sucks). I am just installing these mics I had arrived and see how they are will update, raining now.

Update:

Tested mic on the version 5.2.5 and works fine. Can't understand how they would have missed the option for mic under the newer versions.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so I figured out why I can hear on it ...I have two of the 2135f and the other one with the 5.2.5 version has both the mic and line options. My newer version with 5.3.6 has no mic option ( that sucks). I am just installing these mics I had arrived and see how they are will update, raining now.

Update:

Tested mic on the version 5.2.5 and works fine. Can't understand how they would have missed the option for mic under the newer versions.
Are you using a non-powered passive mic?

gasbie

n3wb
Reaction score
I would like to add to this.. You cannot select mic in/line in. Only line in is available in the pull down menu on this ds-2cd2135f-is. So it looks as though it will need a powered mic. I did try a small non-powered mic, it will not work. I have the mic working in my other Hikvision models.

Thanks everyone for your input. Just like "alarmpro" said, there is no MIC IN in the drop than menu. I only have the option for LINE IN. And LINE IN is only meant for powered mic. I want to use passive mic which requires the MIC IN option. Is there any alternatives. And is this a firmware issue?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input. Just like "alarmpro" said, there is no MIC IN in the drop than menu. I only have the option for LINE IN. And LINE IN is only meant for powered mic. I want to use passive mic which requires the MIC IN option. Is there any alternatives. And is this a firmware issue?
This is likely a firmware issue related to the china cams. There is nothing you can do other than use a powered mic.

gasbie

n3wb
Reaction score
just a quick question, does anyone knows why they replaced 2132 with 2135? is there any difference?

b166erobot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DS-2CD2145F-IWS firmwareV5.3.6 build 15122 I am having trouble with this cctv. In web interface where the microphone setting, you can only select the line-in. mic-nom appears. Then I can not make it work with my Synology NAS via cifs. I create a quota of 200 GB on my NAS but the cctv always sees 1,8TB.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
DS-2CD2145F-IWS firmwareV5.3.6 build 15122 I am having trouble with this cctv. In web interface where the microphone setting, you can only select the line-in. mic-nom appears. Then I can not make it work with my Synology NAS via cifs. I create a quota of 200 GB on my NAS but the cctv always sees 1,8TB.
version 5.3.6 they missed the mic in as I have two of them. My older other one has version 5.2.5 and mic in option there.

b166erobot

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
because it has been removed? You could help with regard to the configuration of my nas synology. I have two other Hikvision models and everything is ok 5.2.5firmware. I created a user with a quota of 200 GB when I go to enter the parameters of my NAS on cam you see me the total space of my hard drive Synology 1.8 TB

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
version 5.3.6 they missed the mic in as I have two of them. My older other one has version 5.2.5 and mic in option there.
5.2.5 on a 2xx5 camera? Are you sure - I was under the impression that 5.3.0 was the first version for this camera?