Adding NVR on DS-KH8350-WTE1/EU

gizmouf

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to HikVision/IPC stuff, I've been playing around with my equipment (see below) for a couple of weeks now and overall everything is working smoothly.

Here is my current equipment:
- DS-KH8350-WTE1/EU (Indoor Station)
- DS-KD8003-IME1 (Door Station)
- DS-7604NI-K1/4P (NVR)
- DS-2CD2347G1-LU (ColorVu cam)
- 2x DS-2CD2045FWD-I (DarkFighter cam)

I have access to liveview from everywhere (iVMS, browser, Hik-Connect), the NVR is recording everything as requested and the records are easily accessible.
Indoor station and door station are on a standard PoE switch (192.168.1.x network).
NVR is on the same network (192.168.1.x).
Cameras are behind the NVR (192.168.254.x) and accessible with the Virtual Host option of the NVR.

The problem I'm facing now is that I would like to add the cameras (the ones in the 192.168.254.x network) into my indoor station.
The indoor station as of now is displaying the door station and any 192.168.1.x cam I could add without difficulty.
But I can't get it to display the cams behing the NVR. I tried following this document but I'm stuck at step 4 (page 4) since the dropdown menu in my iVMS only propose the 'Camera' option and no 'NVR' or 'Doorphone' options.
Is it a limitation of iVMS (using the lastest 3.2.0.10 version) or the indoor station or I am doing something wrong?

If I try to add my NVR as camera (well I've got no other choice) with 192.168.1.x IP + 554 port + a canal number used by a camera, only message I have on the indoor station is a "resolution not supported" error message. With any other setting (meddling with IP, port, etc..), I just have a "connection impossible" message.

Does anyone has a clue on this matter?

Thx.

Last edited:

Robbe

n3wb
Reaction score
It should be possible to add the NVR to your indoor station.
The channel number correspond with the channel number of the NVR.
Because it uses substream to view the images on the indoor station, make sure the camera supports this.
Could you show me the substream configuration of one of your camera's?
Also model and firmware.

Last edited:

gizmouf

n3wb
Reaction score
I did write the models in my post.
The NVR (DS-7604NI-K1 / 4P(B)) has the latest firmware (V3.4.108 build 191014).
Latest firmware also for both type of cameras (they use the same one: V5.6.3 build 190923)
Latest firmware on the indoor station (V2.1.2 build 191014).
Latest version of iVMS 4200 (3.2.0.10).

Both cameras have these settings as their substream:

1579017926404.png

These settings are compatible with the indoor station (H.264 supported, not H.265) as I did some testing with the cameras beforehand with them just powered on a standard PoE switch (so they were in the same subnet as the indoor station) and it was working just fine.

As for the settings available in iVMS:

1579018792275.png

As I said, I can only choose "Camera" as the device type (should be "NVR" and that's where the problem may be?). Only choice for Stream Mode is "Direct".
I'm pretty sure the port has to be 554 (standard RSTP port that I didn't change) and the channel number should probably be one in use (2 or 3 in my case).
With these settings I have the "resolution not supported" messsage.
Anything else (different IP, port, channel number or credentials) produces an error message.

For the "resolution not supported" problem, I'm thinking that the indoor station could be receiving the main stream but the lowest possible resolution in that cas is 1280 × 720 and that's still higher than what the indoor station is able to deal with (specs tell 1024 × 600) ?

hosh

n3wb
Reaction score
I went through this with my DS-KH8301-WT Indoor station

I got all the poe cameras on the internal NIC of the nvr up and running on this Indoor station. I read somewhere these indoor stations only support a very low RTSP resolution. 640x??? can't remember the exact res.

Cameras have to be on H264also , I had to change mine as they were on H265+ and res had to be dropped significantly. I couldn't see the benifit as I was loosing out on quality in the mobile app and on IVMs4200 so I went back to max res on all cameras and H265+ compression.

Seems like my indoor station isn't capable of displaying a high res RTSP feed on H265+ Have to wait for Hikvision to bring out a better quality Indoor Station.

hosh

n3wb
Reaction score
 The highest resolution of the IP camera added to the indoor station is 1280 x 720 @ 30 fps, and the video compression standard of the IP camera should be H.264.

I'm pretty sure it grabs the main stream feed.

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But is no chance to setup to Indoor station get secondary stream from NVR/DVR ? This will be better...
In this manual HikVision
i see that HikVision should check SUB STREAM on camera. Step 2 in this manual.

BTW
I have NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P and i updated FW from russia Hikvision. I updated to GUI 4.x.... But this is now stop support this FW and HikVision still release firmware GUI 3.x.... Is any chance to safe downgrade firmware from 4.x to 3.x on my NVR ? Please help me...

Last edited:

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
Yes. You must add camera and type IP address NVR and port 554 and in field Camera NO you must type like 1 for camera plug to RJ45 number 1, 2 to port 2, 3 for port 3.....
On NVR you must setup on second stream protocol H264 and you must also probably set resolution 640x480

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What firmware you have in video intercom?

plxths

n3wb
Reaction score
yesterday I upgraded the firmware from camera's, nvr and intercom. Firmware from indoor station: 2,1,2 build191014

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You are sure that has this firmware ? For 1 generation video intercom FW is 1.5.1

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Change resolution to other 640x other but not remember....

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok you have second generation video intercom but i have first generation video intercom...

plxths

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think the door station matters, I think the stream goews directly to the indoor station.
Thx for the help, I think I will contact hikvision support.

Celsino

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
Yes. You must add camera and type IP address NVR and port 554 and in field Camera NO you must type like 1 for camera plug to RJ45 number 1, 2 to port 2, 3 for port 3.....
On NVR you must setup on second stream protocol H264 and you must also probably set resolution 640x480
THANK'S It Works for me with 1280 x 720 @ 30 fps.

And for others, try with static route in router.

With IVMS4200 config Station indoor DS-KH8350 you need
1- Last Firmware or 2.1.2...
2- IP NVR, (need admin account and admin password)
3- Port 554,
4- Number of the POE plug ( Channnel)-
5- H264
6- 1280 x 720 @ 30 fps
7 - Maybe you need configure static route in router ( I have it because the Subnet of cameras in NVR it's not the same like the router, and with static route a can check all camera in my web browser).

I have another problem like web browser, the plugins don't work.

Good Luck and Thanks ;)

Last edited:

Celsino

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to HikVision/IPC stuff, I've been playing around with my equipment (see below) for a couple of weeks now and overall everything is working smoothly.

Here is my current equipment:
  • DS-KH8350-WTE1/EU (Indoor Station)
  • DS-KD8003-IME1 (Door Station)
  • DS-7604NI-K1/4P (NVR)
  • DS-2CD2347G1-LU (ColorVu cam)
  • 2x DS-2CD2045FWD-I (DarkFighter cam)

I have access to liveview from everywhere (iVMS, browser, Hik-Connect), the NVR is recording everything as requested and the records are easily accessible.
Indoor station and door station are on a standard PoE switch (192.168.1.x network).
NVR is on the same network (192.168.1.x).
Cameras are behind the NVR (192.168.254.x) and accessible with the Virtual Host option of the NVR.

The problem I'm facing now is that I would like to add the cameras (the ones in the 192.168.254.x network) into my indoor station.
The indoor station as of now is displaying the door station and any 192.168.1.x cam I could add without difficulty.
But I can't get it to display the cams behing the NVR. I tried following this document but I'm stuck at step 4 (page 4) since the dropdown menu in my iVMS only propose the 'Camera' option and no 'NVR' or 'Doorphone' options.
Is it a limitation of iVMS (using the lastest 3.2.0.10 version) or the indoor station or I am doing something wrong?

If I try to add my NVR as camera (well I've got no other choice) with 192.168.1.x IP + 554 port + a canal number used by a camera, only message I have on the indoor station is a "resolution not supported" error message. With any other setting (meddling with IP, port, etc..), I just have a "connection impossible" message.

Does anyone has a clue on this matter?

Thx.
It work for me ;) look that on the forum!