Advice need on quality of picture from new Camera

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Damn, I've taken the effort to download/upload the clip when I rotated the camera too.. I just wanted to be sure that what I was saying was right.. :)

**** Pre FM comment ****
I thought it'd be easier to post a video of what I did. Skip to 20:11:55 on the OSD to see what I did.

The softness stayed on the left, which proves it's the lens that is defective and not the bricks/bush depending on where I point the camera. :)

If you're lucky/unlucky you might catch a glimpse of my ugly mug.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The softness stayed on the left, which proves it's the lens that is defective and not the bricks/bush depending on where I point the camera
Now I'm confused.
Forget the OSD - it's the image that's important.
If the softness is on the left when the camera is in it's normal orientation, and you rotate the camera 180Deg, the position of the softness should also rotate 180Deg ending up on the right, if it's linked to a lens problem.
Imagine a speck on the glass on the far left. You'd expect it to rotate with the camera.

*edit*
Actually - that's complete rubbish, ignore it. Too much Vino Rosso. Or maybe not enough.
The view stays with the camera, the scene rotates.

Last edited:

thomaswde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reading you guys confuse each other was spectacular.
Thanks for that.
Anyway, who gives a fuck if it's flipped or not it's obviously got something wrong with it and the seller should replace it. :)

Did you miss out on your buyer protection window?

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reading you guys confuse each other was spectacular.
Thanks for that.
Anyway, who gives a fuck if it's flipped or not it's obviously got something wrong with it and the seller should replace it. :)

Did you miss out on your buyer protection window?
I haven't clicked anything yet after receiving the items, do I just open a dispute within AE?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And yet another example, sorry for the size, taken from ivms on my Phone.

Home_36_20170409172430117.jpg

Home_36_20170409172446160.jpg

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And finally one of the dog looking confused.

192.168.1.202_04_20170409190719183.jpg

zeoclang

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The out of focus area is easier for me to spot on the images that aren't of the brick wall. The seller will probably make you pay return shipping (very expensive) if you want an exchange.

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome, so any other advice. All I want is a camera that works. :(

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

thomaswde

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome, so any other advice. All I want is a camera that works. :(

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Open a dispute, that's the best thing to do. Send them whatever pics where it's the easiest to see it, to me it was obvious in literally every pic so that shouldn't be a problem. If they try to get you to pay return shipping fight that, it's not your fault that they sent you a shit sensor.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
The focus problem is completely obvious for people who know what they are doing and zoom in on the full resolution image. If the seller/Hikvision can't see the problem, then they ought to find a different line of work.