Advice on Camera

DrSteve

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings, I am a noob with all of this and am thrilled to have found this site. Thank you all for the information here

I am setting up a system for my office. I am looking for 2 cameras for a couple of rooms where interviews will be taking place. The participants will be aware of the audio and video recording being done. The room size is about 10ft x 10 ft. There is good overhead lighting and the cameras are going to be mounted in the ceiling close to one corner of the room.

Audio is essential. There is no need for IR. POE is available and preferred.

I had seen this camera and thought it might be a good possibility
IPC-HDW4631c-a
https://www.amazon.com/Dahua-Camera-IPC-HDW4631C-International-Version/dp/B0774G2HP3/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527560227&sr=8-3&keywords=ipc-hdw4631c-a
I cannot find any reviews on it. Also, EmpireAndy does not list this in his store.

Any thoughts or other recommendations?

Thanks in Advance

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, I would go for a 3.6mm lens with a 87 degree field of view for installing in a corner. You'll get better images of your subjects and less of the walls.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Greetings, I am a noob with all of this and am thrilled to have found this site. Thank you all for the information here

I am setting up a system for my office. I am looking for 2 cameras for a couple of rooms where interviews will be taking place. The participants will be aware of the audio and video recording being done. The room size is about 10ft x 10 ft. There is good overhead lighting and the cameras are going to be mounted in the ceiling close to one corner of the room.

IPC-HDW4631c-a
https://www.amazon.com/Dahua-Camera-IPC-HDW4631C-International-Version/dp/B0774G2HP3/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527560227&sr=8-3&keywords=ipc-hdw4631c-a

I cannot find any reviews on it. Also, EmpireAndy does not list this in his store.

Thanks in Advance
This camera is not original english one, but if you need, i can sell to you, firmware can't be updated, thanks .

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

IPC-HDW4631c-a

Thanks in Advance
Welcome DrSteve,

Do get a better camera, and DO TAKE THE TIME TO PROPERLY SECURE IT, especially in your office.
( Remember if you plan to install it in a healthcare office you will have to be on top of the security issues Security Cameras Could Be Your Biggest Security Weakness )

Remember to check out the wiki notes:
IPCamTalk WiKi | IP Cam Talk

DrSteve

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the help. I have sent Andy an email for his advice and will definitely be taking security precautions.
Steve