AI Cameras for Community Security

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking like a kind of informal watch security between neighbors, outside HOA administration. Will all participants have access to the live video, recorded material, centralized recorder (NVR), etc.
Good questions ..

Personally I've seen too many Karen's in powerful positions at HOAs that I think finding a balance with security cameras access is important.

Also have to take into account issues within the community and families.

Domestic violence, restraining orders, cheating spouses, neighbors kids driving in ways that make Karens unhappy ..

The question is how to keep everything within a balance that stops the security cameras from creating more drama ?

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good questions ..

Personally I've seen too many Karen's in powerful positions at HOAs that I think finding a balance with security cameras access is important.

Also have to take into account issues within the community and families.

Domestic violence, restraining orders, cheating spouses, neighbors kids driving in ways that make Karens unhappy ..

The question is how to keep everything within a balance that stops the security cameras from creating more drama ?
Yes, is true, but my thinking as a micro regarding a “community surveillance”, is like a “venture” between several neighbor’s, to invest/install in cameras at certain areas which could compromise the security between them (crossing between patios, suspects cars, etc.). Could be an street with only one exit, with probably no more than 10 houses. But then, should all have access to the live view, or a method of communicating in case of suspicion, or even calling the police in real emergency? A siren could be too annoying, especially during nighttime, but I believe installing several flood-lights could be a real deterrent for the potential intruders. Even the cameras could “start” a sequential lightning scenery between different houses (porch’s), using today’s AI detection, combined with smart switches (scenes).