Alexa Integration - Blue Iris 4

lucky13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I currently have BI intergrated into my Alexa where I can disable and enable my camera or set them to snooze for 30 minutes..

I also have a Ring Doobell Pro that integrates really well with Alexa and tells you if there is motion with a spoken announcement or if someone presses the doorbell it displays video onto an Alex Show screen....is there anyway to get BI to integrate like this with Alexa...movement announcements would be great but video to the Alexa Show would be awesome :) ???

lucky13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks I've already got that working via Monocle so that I can speak to Alexa and ask her to manually show me a particular camera but is there anyway to get Blue Iris to automatically activate this when Blue Iris detects movement ? i.e it automatically displays the video alert on the Alexa Show screen ?

lucky13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks I've already got that working via Monocle so that I can speak to Alexa and ask her to manually show me a particular camera but is there anyway to get Blue Iris to automatically activate this when Blue Iris detects movement ? i.e it automatically displays the video alert on the Alexa Show screen ?
Could I for instance set up an IFTTT that takes the Blue Iris alert and then parses it to Alexa with the command "Show me the Driveway Cam" utilsing Monocle

lucky13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
any idea if version 5 has better integration and might be able to do more with Alexa ?

lucky13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
any idea if version 5 has better integration and might be able to do more with Alexa ?

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't know but that makes a lot more sense I wouldn't really use Alexa to want to view a camera I cant see any point of it. Now if lets say echo showed one of the tripwire or intusion box triggers going off as someone walked to my front door or back door then that would be very handy.

Something like that available?

lucky13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't know but that makes a lot more sense I wouldn't really use Alexa to want to view a camera I cant see any point of it. Now if lets say echo showed one of the tripwire or intusion box triggers going off as someone walked to my front door or back door then that would be very handy.

Something like that available?
Yes the Echo Show I have shows a picture of the person who rings the Ring Doorbell automatically..what would be really useful is if it did the same from Blue Iris if it detects movement on a camera..it doesn’t sound complicated as you can ask Echo via Monical to do it manually when you get an alert on my phone, so really you just need something that turns a notification into a command on Echo ..maybe someone could IFTTT a skill for that ?