Aliexpress Dahua IPC-HDW2439T-AS-LED-S2 and IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
US $55.8 7% OFF|Dahua New Lite 4MP POE IP Camera H.265 Built in IR LED MIC Support 256 GB SD card Rotation mode IPC HDW2431T AS S2 Security cam|Surveillance Cameras| - AliExpress

US $63.79 7% OFF|Dahua 4MP IP Camera Full Color H.265+ IVS Intelligent detection and Built in MIC Supports max. 256 G SD Card Dome Camera IP67|Surveillance Cameras| - AliExpress

I assume when everyone say China camera, it means the camera is suppose to be only sold in China market with China firmware and not Made in China. It is obvious all the cameras are made there.

I guess firmware upgrade may not be available but the main question is how good is the performance and quality comparison to so call real OEM cameras.

I know the 2431 is the same model number as the OEM. However, I am not able to find anything on the 2439 but this looks about the same DH-IPC-HDW5442TM-AS-LED. Based on the 2439 sensor size, it is probably closer to the DH-IPC-HDW5241TM-AS-LED.

Would these 2431 and 2439 be close enough performance and quality with cost savings more than 1/2 the cost?

For the extra cost, is the LED on the 2439 better performance than the 2431?

Last edited:

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I will await your posting. I guess this model is China region but can we flash it to international version and if it can, what firmware will be compatible.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - do not expect this to perform very well in low light conditions due to the sensor size....

IPC-HDW2439T-AS-LED-S2

4MP Lite Full-color Fixed-focal Eyeball Network Camera

4MP, 1/3" CMOS image sensor, low illuminance, high image definition[/QUOTE]

Outputs 4MP (2560 × 1440) @ 25/30 fps, Max. supports 4MP (2688 × 1520) @ 20 fps[/QUOTE]

H.265 codec, high compression rate, ultra-low bit rate[/QUOTE]

Built-in warm lights, max. illumination distance: 30 m[/QUOTE]

ROI, SMART H.264+/H.265+, flexible coding, applicable to various bandwidth and storage environments[/QUOTE]

Rotation mode, WDR, 3D DNR, HLC, BLC, digital watermarking, applicable to various monitoring scenes[/QUOTE]

Intelligent detection: Intrusion, tripwire[/QUOTE]

Abnormality detection: Motion detection, video tampering, scene changing, no SD card, SD card full, SD card error, network disconnection, IP conflict, illegal access, voltage detection[/QUOTE]

Built-in Mic

Supports max. 256 GB Micro SD card

12V DC/PoE power supply

IP67 protection

1594075132227.png

celsokol

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI - do not expect this to perform very well in low light conditions due to the sensor size....

IPC-HDW2439T-AS-LED-S2

4MP, 1/3" CMOS image sensor, low illuminance, high image definition
Outputs 4MP (2560 × 1440) @ 25/30 fps, Max. supports 4MP (2688 × 1520) @ 20 fps[/QUOTE]

H.265 codec, high compression rate, ultra-low bit rate[/QUOTE]

Built-in warm lights, max. illumination distance: 30 m[/QUOTE]

ROI, SMART H.264+/H.265+, flexible coding, applicable to various bandwidth and storage environments[/QUOTE]

Rotation mode, WDR, 3D DNR, HLC, BLC, digital watermarking, applicable to various monitoring scenes[/QUOTE]

Intelligent detection: Intrusion, tripwire[/QUOTE]

Abnormality detection: Motion detection, video tampering, scene changing, no SD card, SD card full, SD card error, network disconnection, IP conflict, illegal access, voltage detection[/QUOTE]

Built-in Mic

Supports max. 256 GB Micro SD card

12V DC/PoE power supply

IP67 protection

View attachment 65785
[/QUOTE]
Certainly the sensor doesn't help much, I'm aware, but we'll see. If it gets better than my 4433C-A, it's worth it.

celsokol

n3wb
Reaction score
Certainly the sensor doesn't help much, I'm aware, but we'll see. If it gets better than my 4433C-A, it's worth it.

hieppo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is the same sensor as the 2431 that is one of the recommended affordable Dahua. Plus the 2439 has the warm LED which does enhance colour at night. I would not think it be any worst than the 2431.

That is why I would like an honest comment about these affordable China region vs OEM Dahua. Is there actually lower quality sensor and such or are they hardware identical and the only difference is the firmware?

If it is firmware, what is it missing if they already have it translated to English? The only downside I can think of is unable to upgrade firmware. It would be nice to upgrade but I doubt I will even touch my settings once I set it up initially and forget about it.

Ollie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you satisfied with it?
Is it good enough at night time? (Despite of its smaller sensor size).

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

IPC-HDW2439T-AS-LED-S2

4MP, 1/3" CMOS image sensor, low illuminance, high image definition

The Comparison is with the IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2 that has the same 1/3" sensor size. Why would the HDW2439T-AS-LED-S2 perform worse for the same sensor size, please clarify the comment?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Comparison is with the IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2 that has the same 1/3" sensor size. Why would the HDW2439T-AS-LED-S2 perform worse for the same sensor size, please clarify the comment?
Hi @alecz

There's more to a camera than just sensor size .. sensor chip model also important, chip technology generation / versions, the lens, other processing chips (dsp), related firmware / software, and settings on the camera, as well as ambient light, .. so lots of variables ..

just many variables to look at .. up to you to dig deeper into the tech of each camera to compare .. I'm just providing a top of my memory notes to consider ..

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @alecz

There's more to a camera than just sensor size .. sensor chip model also important, chip technology generation / versions, the lens, other processing chips (dsp), related firmware / software, and settings on the camera, as well as ambient light, .. so lots of variables ..

just many variables to look at .. up to you to dig deeper into the tech of each camera to compare .. I'm just providing a top of my memory notes to consider ..
I get all that, but your reply seems to imply that two cameras for the same generation and the same manufacturer same sensor size with the main difference being IR vs Warm LED will perform significantly different at night because... sensor size?

I would like to understand what is your statement based on since you give sensor size as argument, but they cameras have the same sensor size. Is there something obvious I'm missing here on why the IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2 would be so much better at night than HDW2439T-AS-LED-S2?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I get all that, but your reply seems to imply that two cameras for the same generation and the same manufacturer same sensor size with the main difference being IR vs Warm LED will perform significantly different at night because... sensor size?

I would like to understand what is your statement based on since you give sensor size as argument, but they cameras have the same sensor size. Is there something obvious I'm missing here on why the IPC-HDW2431T-AS-S2 would be so much better at night than HDW2439T-AS-LED-S2?
Hi @alecz

"I get all that, but your reply seems to imply that two cameras for the same generation and the same manufacturer same sensor size with the main difference being IR vs Warm LED will perform significantly different at night because... sensor size? " - alecz

My reply does not imply that at all, I just pointed out that a camera with a 1/3" sensor and 4MP probably will not do well at night based on what members have seen and shared here ... not seeing how you can interpret it the way you state.

Last edited:

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @alecz

"I get all that, but your reply seems to imply that two cameras for the same generation and the same manufacturer same sensor size with the main difference being IR vs Warm LED will perform significantly different at night because... sensor size? " - alecz

My reply does not imply that at all, I just pointed out that a camera with a 1/3" sensor and 4MP probably will not do well at night based on what members have seen and shared here ... not seeing how you can interpret it the way you state.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.
It was because your original post had "IPC-HDW2439T-AS-LED-S2" on the first line and the Aliexpress listing picture with absolutely no mention of the other camera in the OP post, so I thought you were referring to that camera in particular.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Other members (wittaj?) have warned that China domestic models sometimes have their firmware burned in and can't be reflashed to international firmware. So make sure you can return it if you're not happy.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is correct!

Many units being sold are Chinese region units hacked into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1666892544039.png

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
That is correct!

Many units being sold are Chinese region units hacked into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....
Lots of good warnings on this forum about the Chinese versions, but what about when the seller actively states they are international / Global version / upgradable ?
1687795699522.png

I am a bit curious if anyone had any experience (positive/negative) with cameras from sellers making these claims.

I would attempt a firmware upgrade and ask for refund if it gets bricked or reset to English, but if anyone already did this excercise it would be good to know.
Most posts on this top are old and are clearly saying it's the Chinese versions.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am a bit curious if anyone had any experience (positive/negative) with cameras from sellers making these claims.
I actually tried an AliExpress seller who made such claims. The camera came quickly and passed customs without any trouble. Packaging is in english. As far as firmware upgrade goes, it was shipped with the current firmware, so I have no reason to try flashing it. It works with Dahua NVR too.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lots of good warnings on this forum about the Chinese versions, but what about when the seller actively states they are international / Global version / upgradable ?
View attachment 166276

I would attempt a firmware upgrade and ask for refund if it gets bricked or reset to English, but if anyone already did this excercise it would be good to know.
Most posts on this top are old and are clearly saying it's the Chinese versions.
It has been hit or miss and we have seen people come here after purchasing from a vendor that says it is upgradable and it wasn't.

Post who the seller is and see if anyone here has any experience. There are dozens of sellers and some could be good and some are bad.

And then the next question is how much is it? Most have found that it is cheaper to simply go with our known, trusted, and respected vendor @EMPIRETECANDY or even if it is a few dollars more, the customer service and connections he has with Dahua to make firmware mods that we request is worth it. Andy has a Canadian Amazon storefront and many people from Canada purchase from him.

There was a PTZ once, the 49225 that Andy was the only vendor that had autotracking and people would pay more for a NON autotracking version of that camera from somewhere else than they could buy the autotracking camera from Andy for.

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It has been hit or miss and we have seen people come here after purchasing from a vendor that says it is upgradable and it wasn't.

Post who the seller is and see if anyone here has any experience. There are dozens of sellers and some could be good and some are bad.

And then the next question is how much is it? Most have found that it is cheaper to simply go with our known, trusted, and respected vendor @EMPIRETECANDY or even if it is a few dollars more, the customer service and connections he has with Dahua to make firmware mods that we request is worth it. Andy has a Canadian Amazon storefront and many people from Canada purchase from him.
The one above is from Cloud Netvision Store.
For most situations, I would go with Andy, but he doesn't have all options (e.g. I was looking for a LED cam version), and often goes oos (e.g. the 2 MP varifocal I bought last month is gone from the store).
His Amazon storefront has only a fraction of what the US Storefront has.
So for some cases, I need to buy from AliExpress. Knowing which sellers have a good reputation would be helpful. Is there a tread for that? (So far the forum seems to encourage Andy's monopoly :D )