AliExpress Enster PTZ 2.8-12mm,POE Bullet ONVF 4X

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got my reply on the microphone. No dice. No microphone and no chance for an audio cable to hook up an external microphone. For the price ($108.50 shipped), I'll still get one, but a microphone or an audio cable would have led to more sales for sure...
That's strange. The original poster said in the first post that theirs has audio ability. Also states audio in the ad. Granted, theirs was also $10 higher in price

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mine said microphone as well. It was after the fact that they sent me the, "we're sorry", email. Also, the difference in price is that they charged me less for shipping. Go figure, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mine was shipped Saturday, though DHL tracks it but says they haven't received it yet (we all know how the first part of the shipping works over there, right?). If DHL is as quick this time as last time, I could possibly see it this week. Of course, I won't hold my breath waiting for it. :p

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine was shipped Saturday, though DHL tracks it but says they haven't received it yet (we all know how the first part of the shipping works over there, right?). If DHL is as quick this time as last time, I could possibly see it this week. Of course, I won't hold my breath waiting for it. :p
DHL is typically 2 business days once they give it a "pick up" scan. Though I've on occasions had it take 3 business days.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
DHL is typically 2 business days once they give it a "pick up" scan. Though I've on occasions had it take 3 business days.
Yep, that's why I was referring to the "first part", which can be anywhere from right away to a couple/three days to actually make it to DHL...

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Got it about an hour ago. Man, that's some fast shipping! Unfortunately, I don't have a POE injector yet (wasn't expecting to get this so fast so the injector will be here tomorrow), so I'm just testing it inside with a power brick. It has the same settings as all the other CMS stuff (including my 10x Huisun and my 20x Sunba). Everything that I can test (can't test POE yet) works fine. 2.8mm gives a nice big FOV. The 4x is fine (sure wish they'd have a 2.8mm with a 10x!). I'd say that everything that matters is on par with my Huisun and Sunba. Hard to beat this thing for the price.

(Also wish they had audio for this. That would make it a major winner...)

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Is it possible to see picture side by side with Huisun? TIA!

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got it about an hour ago. Man, that's some fast shipping! Unfortunately, I don't have a POE injector yet (wasn't expecting to get this so fast so the injector will be here tomorrow), so I'm just testing it inside with a power brick. It has the same settings as all the other CMS stuff (including my 10x Huisun and my 20x Sunba). Everything that I can test (can't test POE yet) works fine. 2.8mm gives a nice big FOV. The 4x is fine (sure wish they'd have a 2.8mm with a 10x!). I'd say that everything that matters is on par with my Huisun and Sunba. Hard to beat this thing for the price.

(Also wish they had audio for this. That would make it a major winner...)
Ssayer,
One thing Tommy had me do was change: Day and Night mode to color and see how I liked it at night. I did. Still deciding. Wish they would come up with a way to set profile schedules to change some of the settings for night or day.
Probably going to order 3 more tonight.
Roger

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone else been redirected when at the Enster link listed in the first post? The page loads and then about 20-30 seconds later, I get redirected to some Chinese gaming site. If I start at Enster.com and go to the page, I don't seem to have the problem. Seems to me it happened at work the other day, also.

atom

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone else been redirected when at the Enster link listed in the first post? The page loads and then about 20-30 seconds later, I get redirected to some Chinese gaming site. If I start at Enster.com and go to the page, I don't seem to have the problem. Seems to me it happened at work the other day, also.
Yes, it happened to me too the first time I clicked the link.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Is it possible to see picture side by side with Huisun? TIA!
Sorry... The Huisun is on a single POE cable 150 feet away from my house at the head of the driveway and 25 feet up a tree, while the Enster is currently temporarily screwed into a hunk of wood on my computer desk, so a side by side would be a little hard to accomplish. :p

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Ssayer,
One thing Tommy had me do was change: Day and Night mode to color and see how I liked it at night. I did. Still deciding. Wish they would come up with a way to set profile schedules to change some of the settings for night or day.
Probably going to order 3 more tonight.
Roger
I've tried it and while color mode at night does have some redeeming attributes, it's also a lot "noisier". Because of that I prefer to leave it set at automatic. Of course what's good for one person might not be what another is looking for.

Agreed on the different settings for day and night. On any of these cams (Huisun, Sunba, Enster), I prefer DWDR on and at 25 during the day but off at night.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yep, so I immediately click on the new product link and don't get hijacked.

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've tried it and while color mode at night does have some redeeming attributes, it's also a lot "noisier".
Will definitely be noisier in color mode since it blocks the IR light and you're relying strictly on available "visible" light. Do you have the "slow shutter" on when testing this?

Once it's installed, I'd be very interested in how color mode at night (with slow shutter maxed out) on this one compares to the Huisun in color at night on it's slowest shutter. Theoretically, it should perform better based on the specs given, but I've learned to put little weight into the specs listed on these things. Still cannot get a straight answer from Enster as to whether "slow shutter" is in addition to what is listed on the exposure value or if slow shutter is required to be activated in order to reach the slowest potential listed on the exposure value. Only person I've been able to get a reply from is "Jimmy" and he doesn't seem to understand the question as his response was, and I quote: "The slow shutter can setting byself".....Whatever the heck that means?!?!

Last edited by a moderator:

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will definitely be noisier in color mode since it blocks the IR light and you're relying strictly on available "visible" light. Do you have the "slow shutter" on when testing this?

Once it's installed, I'd be very interested in how color mode at night (with slow shutter maxed out) on this one compares to the Huisun in color at night on it's slowest shutter. Theoretically, it should perform better based on the specs given, but I've learned to put little weight into the specs listed on these things. Still cannot get a straight answer from Enster as to whether "slow shutter" is in addition to what is listed on the exposure value or if slow shutter is required to be activated in order to reach the slowest potential listed on the exposure value. Only person I've been able to get a reply from is "Jimmy" and he doesn't seem to understand the question as his response was, and I quote: "The slow shutter can setting byself".....Whatever the heck that means?!?!

wxman,
here are screenshots and my settings:
Been raining again and that seem to make things look little bright I guess.
Roger

Attachments

RogMan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, so I immediately click on the new product link and don't get hijacked.
I am not having any problems with the link. I have got that Chinese game thing before but it seems to work all right now. I use Cyberfox.
You can also contact: Enster-Tommy <sales07@enster.com> by email (not chat) and he will respond one on one with you and you can place orders or ask questions through his link.
Roger