AliExpress Enster PTZ 2.8-12mm,POE Bullet ONVF 4X

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
wxman,
here are screenshots and my settings:
Been raining again and that seem to make things look little bright I guess.
Roger
Thanks!

Something isn't adding up here, though. The one labeled "slow none" is a lot brighter than "slow high"? Was there an extra light on during the "slow none"?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
One of the pictures is shown with a security light set to high and the other one is set to low.
It looks like the same images as the first post, which had the explanation above.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How about side by side (about 6 feet apart) comparison to a Dericam H502 (720p) cam? The Enster has a wider FOV, so I zoomed it in just a little to make the scene as even as possible:

Enster.............Dericam
Enster.20160302_150530.jpgDericam.20160302_150524.jpg

The snow seems to be giving the Dericam some trouble as it's focus seems "soft"...

Here is the Enster at no zoom:
Enster.20160302_150547.jpg

and full zoom:
Enster.20160302_150615.jpg

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm missing something here. On other brands of cameras that I own, there is one IR LED (or set of IR LEDs) for near and another that comes on when the camera zooms in. On this one, both IR LEDs stay on regardless of the level of zoom. This creates a spotlight in the middle of the picture when the camera is not zoomed in. I'm hoping that there a setting that I am missing that corrects this?

Enster.20160302_202711.jpg

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm missing something here. On other brands of cameras that I own, there is one IR LED (or set of IR LEDs) for near and another that comes on when the camera zooms in. On this one, both IR LEDs stay on regardless of the level of zoom. This creates a spotlight in the middle of the picture when the camera is not zoomed in. I'm hoping that there a setting that I am missing that corrects this?

View attachment 8746
Yes most other domes I've seen have two sets of LEDs. I doubt there is going to be a setting for that. The two sets of IRs that come on your Huisun has different lens as well as power consumption for far and near which makes Huisun much better design.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Yes most other domes I've seen have two sets of LEDs. I doubt there is going to be a setting for that. The two sets of IRs that come on your Huisun has different lens as well as power consumption for far and near which makes Huisun much better design.
Yep. I just got an email that confirmed that assumption:

"
This mini PTZ bullet IP camera is 4X optical zoom,only have two IR leds.
It's IR light will not change when the camera zoom in,have no this function.
Our speed dome camera with 10x or 20X optical zoom will have this function.
So the IR leds will show bright in near place when the camera is not zoomed in.

"

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I see that the 4x 2.8mm-12mm for the Huisun also only has two LEDs, so until such time as someone gets one to confirm or refute, I'm going to presume that they will both have the center area brighter.

That said, although I'd prefer a setup like the 10x versions where you don't have that happening, for the price I am really liking the colors and the crispness of this cam. If it had a microphone option it would be a "no brainer" replacement for any of my cams where I need a wider FOV.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
There are 2 leds at the top and two at the bottom, you will not see them lit all at once.