AliExpress - Who are people using?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello.
Is there any outdoor Hikvision camera with a two way communication? Which model, please? Thanks
Yes any model ending in IS...you will have to add your own mic and speaker...the mini dome IS model has a built in mic, but you still need to add a speaker (you must also supply power/amp to the speaker...

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was getting a little scared and went back to AE to check my seller. My seller is actually Dragon Electronics Co LTD. So far, this guy has been pretty good. I messaged him for a quote, and he gave me a 50$ discount with DHL shipping included on 16 pcs. Check out on Sept 1st, arrived today.
Oh yeah, and forgot to mention, the camera had actually been bricked by the seller when it first arrived. I had to download firmware and TFTP it to the camera before I could even test it. Then I had to spend hours to convert the Chinese to English. I'll edit my last post to include that part for future readers.

Hopefully the one you've found is a different seller and not the same seller starting a new store with a similar name.

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Guys I've just bought 2x 4mp 2142 from uscam. John was great they had 1600 positive feedbacks. He confirmed it was in stock, and shipped it straight away it was here 4 days later. I've tested it, 5.3.5 f/w international serials, he'll even take a photo and post it to you in the message exchange.

Nothing but great things to say about that store. Wish he had the NVR I want (NI International).

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-English-Version-IP-Camera-4-0-megapixel-V5-3-3-Multi-Language-Mini-Dome-Camera/32420506294.html

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DO NOT USE "Benovision" ALA "Security Camera China". After prior confirming they would ship in 10 days....

21 days later product still hadn't shipped. I asked them to cancel the order. Aliexpress refunded quite soon after that. Amy had all the excuses why I should be patient.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DO NOT USE "Benovision" ALA "Security Camera China". After prior confirming they would ship in 10 days....

21 days later product still hadn't shipped. I asked them to cancel the order. Aliexpress refunded quite soon after that. Amy had all the excuses why I should be patient.
Sounds like a normal experience of ordering from China to be honest. If you want guaranteed fast and reliable you need to order local.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys I've just bought 2x 4mp 2142 from uscam. John was great they had 1600 positive feedbacks. He confirmed it was in stock, and shipped it straight away it was here 4 days later. I've tested it, 5.3.5 f/w international serials, he'll even take a photo and post it to you in the message exchange.

Nothing but great things to say about that store. Wish he had the NVR I want (NI International).

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/b7w09W9K[/QUOTE] Good info :-)

olli

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sounds like a normal experience of ordering from China to be honest. If you want guaranteed fast and reliable you need to order local.
I have never experienced a (Chinese) eBay seller who wouldn't have shipped after couple of days after I placed the order.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have never experienced a (Chinese) eBay seller who wouldn't have shipped after couple of days after I placed the order.
21 days is a bit much for an AE seller.

Longest I have ever waited was 12 days and that was for 20 PCs.

What was your order quantity?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've had some who have shipped it. Then one week later the tracking number changes. So it wasn't really shipped originally!

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Depends what you're ordering. I've been pricing out Hik 2142FWD's, and if you want certain versions that the seller just isn't carrying (say a 6mm lens, or the IS version instead of IWS, etc) I've received the same response which is "we have to order from Hikvision directly and it will take about 20 days before we get it to ship", well, in broken english anyhow! I'm also noticing that trying to find 1 seller that has the NI version of the NVR and the cameras you want is proving ... difficult! Throw in the fact that I want 2 different junction boxes/brackets... ugh.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I recently received a response from a seller after asking if they hold stock of the English version of a 4mp varient

The reply I got was along the lines of:
Due to hikvisions clamp down selling international versions to Chinese sellers they were now having to order the English versions from "partners" in Europe.
I think what they were basically saying is they were using a middle man based in Europe to get international versions and take 15-20 days to reach them.

Which begs the question if this is anywhere near remotely true then why don't they drop ship from Europe to lower the shipping costs via dhl/FedEx

At least to UK/European countries

tradertim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hey, again try USCAM in my prior post. I asked John and he had a NI NVR although it wasn't posted in the store so I ordered it today. Not sure how much stock they have so you may or may not have to wait for the order. I got my INTL 4Mp cams and NVR from them.

Admittedly I accepted a 2142FWD without the audio and mic but I thought really am I going to connect mic and speaker and really I thought not so I accepted pics only.

reeves1985

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
hey, again try USCAM in my prior post. I asked John and he had a NI NVR although it wasn't posted in the store so I ordered it today. Not sure how much stock they have so you may or may not have to wait for the order. I got my INTL 4Mp cams and NVR from them.

Admittedly I accepted a 2142FWD without the audio and mic but I thought really am I going to connect mic and speaker and really I thought not so I accepted pics only.
I did have a browse on their AE store but didn't go any further until I work out my bandwidth requirements for an nvr as well as a 4mp turret

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wanted to post an update. I am getting frustrated with the AE seller because one of my 2032F-IW will not save the wireless setting. It says device error. Messaged him 3 times, included a screen shot and he keeps saying 'we try to help, what is problem'

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, just pulled the trigger on the DS-7616NI-E2/8P, and some brackets/junction boxes from CCTV Camera Wholesale. They said I had to order the DS-2142FWD-IS cameras from "their other store" as they didn't have this type listed on CCTV Camera Whole sale, so instead ordered 8 of these from Secure Life Surveillance.

Also said I had to put the negotiated price and lens types in the message when I place the order which I did.

Fingers crossed from here on in I guess. Have never ordered from Ali before so am admittedly a bit anxious about it given the dollar amount!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@pbc Fingers-crossed. 99% of the time you'll be ok. If you get stung at customs, hey-hoy, but you still get the cameras. CCTV Camera Wholesale have been recommended by others.

DS-2CD2142FWD-IS are worth it in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to post an update. I am getting frustrated with the AE seller because one of my 2032F-IW will not save the wireless setting. It says device error. Messaged him 3 times, included a screen shot and he keeps saying 'we try to help, what is problem'

One of the problems with Ali is the lack of customer support, that's why US I think it's better to buy Nelly's or milkisbad. Ryan from Nelly's just got a great tech support review!

Last edited by a moderator:

pbc

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'd get dinged at Customs if I ordered from the US as well. The options in Canada are few and far between for the end user. A quote I had for a 4 camera IP based Hik system (not even sure which Hiks) was C$3k installed. So even if I end up at $2,500 for 8 cams and after the hard drives (haven't decided whether to go with WD Purples and/or sizes yet) and can actually set the system up myself (jury may still be out on that!) I think I'm still better off. We shall see.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, but I'd get dinged at Customs if I ordered from the US as well. The options in Canada are few and far between for the end user. A quote I had for a 4 camera IP based Hik system (not even sure which Hiks) was C$3k installed. So even if I end up at $2,500 for 8 cams and after the hard drives (haven't decided whether to go with WD Purples and/or sizes yet) and can actually set the system up myself (jury may still be out on that!) I think I'm still better off. We shall see.
Yup. I know of one or two dealers in the Toronto area, but prices start at 225$ for a 2132, if noy double or more

Hopefully the Hikvision opening of head office in Montreal will allow more dealers to carry them

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been dealing with a Joanna Yu from CCTV Camera Wholesale their new store is now called Secure Life Surveillance Systems. I have now bought 3 of the 2032's from them. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2015-New-V5-2-5-DS-2CD2032F-I-replace-DS-2CD2032-I-1080P-POE-with-SD/1912076_32468322283.html

I could not believe the first order with her. It came DHL and made it from Hong Kong to Illinois in under 36 hours. The DHL guy called me and asked me where I was at so he could hand deliver it to me. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Her customer service has been fantastic as well.

Neil

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
The credit really goes to DHL service. It is pretty impressive speed and not that much cost for international shipping. I usually just leave a message to DHL guys to leave the package on the porch.

Btw, anyone dealt with this store: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hikvision-DS-7608NI-E2-8P-8CH-NVR-Economic-PoE-NVR-for-HD-IP-Camera-5-Megapixels/1970294250.html

I am starting to have bad experience from them despite their excellent feedback. It took them 10 days to process my order only to provide tracking number for DHL 1 hour before the processing expiration time. The number turned out to be wrong and not trackable. I know for a fact that when a new number is generated for DHL it will at least show a status of that. I started sending messages to the seller who has been unresponsive. Bottom line lots of feedback is not always indication of great service, I've dealt with much smaller stores with far impressive customer support.

Last edited by a moderator: