all about SD59230U-HNI

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am a new owener of SD59230U-HNI and never had a Dahua.
Question.: I would like to upgrade a firmware that is available here:
SD59230U-HNI | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology

however it shows 3 and i am confused which one should i load or load first or how it the upgrade works from the web interface?

[PAL]DH_SD-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.600.0000.3.R.20170630

or

[PTZ]General_SD59XXXS-HN_V3.02.93.R.170518

or both should be loaded one after other?

Upgrade should not wipe out the IP address and login password, right?

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
okay i loaded this one,: [PAL]DH_SD-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.600.0000.3.R.20170630
no idea what the other is for. [PTZ]General_SD59XXXS-HN_V3.02.93.R.170518

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hikvision NVR can connect using ONVIF: needs to turn off ONVIF auth on the dahua and on NVR side add username but no password and port 80. When i enabled auth it just could not connect.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
email sending is also working but only with gmail, which is fine for 99% of the users i guess

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
EMail works with any sender, but if 2 way authentification on your adress is enabled, you need to do special steps for sending with an external device. The steps depends on the provider ways. For Gmail you need to define an extra device with an special separate password.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks, email is sorted also the ONVIF is working now with authentication too. I did not notice i had to add a separate user for onvif, so it is fine now. Good cam, i try to explore more and more on it.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This one is an update for the PTZ functions. [PTZ]General_SD59XXXS-HN_V3.02.93.R.170518
should i load the same way as the main firmware? i used the config tool for the main firmware update

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Flashing is always possible through config tool , but you can also do it from webif or smartpss. Normally you can't flash a wrong file. There are several Dahua parts having more than only one flash file.
It's always a good idea to make a config backup before flashing and after flashing all files you can a perform a full factory reset recover your config backup and the cam or nvr is running stable without deprecated settings they no longer exists.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
my cam is a U (SD59230U-HNI) but this firmware from their website ([PTZ]General_SD59XXXS-HN_V3.02.93.R.170518) is for S. Is it really good for my cam?

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Therefore it's from the official website, you can trust it. I think the ptz file is for several cams.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What firmware version/date were you using prior to upgrading? If you've loaded the new main and ptz firmware, what differences have you observed between the new version(s) and your previous versions (positive and negative differences)?

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hey mate, i have load the latest firmware just like all cams i own right away, so i can not give you much info. i tried to setup ONVIF on the stock firmware but it did not work, however it was my stupidity that i did not create the onvif user. The cam seems to work perfectly i dont have any issues with it.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@belmont Thanks for the reply. I'd appreciate any info you learn about the firmware over time as there is not a whole lot of informative threads on this particular camera (I've had mine a couple of months now with March 2017 firmware). I'm hoping Dahua has refined IVS and autotracking. Feel free to ask any questions about this cam; I feel like I know it pretty well.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
excellent, glad to have someone here owning exactly the same. I use with my Hikvision NVR over ONVIF and setup line crossing email alert on the dahua which works perfectly, 30x zoom is a blast, absolutely incredible. Nightview there are focused IR and wide view IR, i like this second as i see more. I am new to dahua, has been with hikvision and foscams for 5 years, i dont know if i enable the continuous PTZ touring on dahua will it kill ptz motor soon? Is there anyone here who use ptz touring constantly? like check A point , B point, A point, B point, and so on

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use the smart IR because it works better in my environment. I'm also new to Dahua, but I like them! Like you, mostly Hiks before. I use Blue Iris. I don't use the tour function because I use IVS to record/track motion and I'm not always in front of the monitor to see the results of the tour. Blue Iris does allow motion to be recorded while touring, but like you, I'm concerned that it may wear out the camera over time....some say I'm not getting the most out of the camera this way, but I enjoy what I do have. I'll wait to see what others say about the new firmware, but I hope there's a little IVS/tracking refinement. I posted this a while back, but didn't get any hits: Dahua Starlight PTZ SD59230U-HNI

Last edited:

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Installed the new firmware....here's one GUI difference I noticed:

version.png

autotrack.png

Will have to wait and see if any refinements to autotracking, etc. are noticeable.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also, they fixed the webcomponent, so at least it's compatible with my other Dahua; it no longer has to be reinstalled every time I use the GUI in Internet Explorer. Was frustrating.