all about SD59230U-HNI

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, they fixed the webcomponent, so at least it's compatible with my other Dahua; it no longer has to be reinstalled every time I use the GUI in Internet Explorer. Was frustrating.
I have the brother of your cam, the SD59225U-HNI. It uses the same firmware, so I'd really appreciate any continued feedback on the current firmware. I'm still on 9/2016 version.
Thanks.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@lonney2ns, as I make discoveries, I'll post here :D
So far I can't see many differences in autotracking (which your cam may not support) nor any differences in the fidelity of IVS intrusion or tripwire (that's all I've been using) between this latest version and the previous version (March 15, 2017 I believe) (I was never on any prior 2016 version). FYI, I did install the PTZ firmware update as well. I upgraded both the main and PTZ firmware through the IE Web GUI after doing a software reset to factory default; no problems.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@lonney2ns, as I make discoveries, I'll post here :D
So far I can't see many differences in autotracking (which your cam may not support) nor any differences in the fidelity of IVS intrusion or tripwire (that's all I've been using) between this latest version and the previous version (March 15, 2017 I believe) (I was never on any prior 2016 version). FYI, I did install the PTZ firmware update as well. I upgraded both the main and PTZ firmware through the IE Web GUI after doing a software reset to factory default; no problems.
Someone else had mentioned network lagging after upgrading to this firmware, I assume not in your case?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Awesome, did not know that...makes sense though, using same firmware. I might be mistaken, will require further testing, but it appears the camera zooms in a bit closer on human subjects during autotracking.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would you guys mind confirming that IVS DOES work in Blue Iris with this camera? In BI, check Pullpointsubscription and use camera's digital input and motion. In camera, set up and enable an IVS trigger. Turn video and or audio detection off in the camera. I'm able to get results in BI for this camera, but not my Starlight Varifocal Turret IPC-HDW5231R-Z.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
some of you asked if there is any network lag. In my case this PTZ is on a remote site over a Ubiquiti NanoBeam AC Ubiquiti Networks - NanoBeam® AC it gives me stable 330 Mbit/sec connection over 160feet distance. I feel absolutely zero lag when operating the camera. I changed to PTZ speed to slowest actually, so i can see enough while its turning, otherwise default speed is pretty fast.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would you guys mind confirming that IVS DOES work in Blue Iris with this camera? In BI, check Pullpointsubscription and use camera's digital input and motion. In camera, set up and enable an IVS trigger. Turn video and or audio detection off in the camera. I'm able to get results in BI for this camera, but not my Starlight Varifocal Turret IPC-HDW5231R-Z.
I've not tried it because the current 2016 firmware I have sucks in this area.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Initializes the zoom/focus function. Upon activation, the camera zooms all the way in to wherever it's pointed, then focuses, then zooms all the way out and refocuses.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
this evening i was playing around with the day/night switch of IR. It doesnt want to switch over as early as my 5 year old foscam and the picture is too dark already. I tried both SmartIR and ZoomPrio. ZoomPri switch on the IR sooner but it focuses on one small center area. I hope the developers also read this forum. Here i am showing the comparison picture of my old Foscam vs this Dahua. Same location just from a bit different angle. As you see Dahua is way too dark and still cant start the IRs
foscam_vs_dahua.jpg

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
once the IR on Dahua kicks in, no issue at all, but there is a time period 5-15minutes when I have this dark picture only

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@belmont, you're referring to this setting correct?
9-12-2017 5-43-56 PM.png

Are you using the default day/full time setting or are you manipulating the day/night scheduling? I found this: Normal, Day, Night Profiles for Dahua Cameras

I know that a popular Chinese vendor uses this forum quite a bit and he IS in contact with camera engineers, but I don't know to what extent. I wouldn't hold my breath that suggestions on this forum would be read and incorporated into camera design or software modifications....hope I'm wrong.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also found this from Nayr: If you use BlueIris you can switch day/night profiles based off sunrise/sunset.. Also you can switch them w/API Commands externally if you have a home automation system..

IIRC, in BlueIris.. IR On is actually just the Night Profile, and IR Off is the Day Profile.. so you can even switch w/flip of a button, or schedule it.. Or you can setup Day/Night profiles identically and wonder why that button wont actually do anything (common issue)

And here's Nayr's script post: Switch Dahua Day/Night Profile via IPC HTTP API

Last edited:

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks mate, will keep playing with the settings

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this evening i was playing around with the day/night switch of IR. It doesnt want to switch over as early as my 5 year old foscam and the picture is too dark already. I tried both SmartIR and ZoomPrio. ZoomPri switch on the IR sooner but it focuses on one small center area. I hope the developers also read this forum. Here i am showing the comparison picture of my old Foscam vs this Dahua. Same location just from a bit different angle. As you see Dahua is way too dark and still cant start the IRs
View attachment 21702

Even myself IR problem does not work properly I hope ing. Dahua Correct

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua should fine tune the default settings, as mine above is the defaults and this shows something like the old Foscam works much better in low light conditions. Lets hope its just a software question and Dahua guys fix it with the next firmware release