all about SD59230U-HNI

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I noticed another possible difference in firmware after upgrading...but not certain it's an actual change; it's possible I'm just noticing the feature for the first time. It appears the camera will autotrack without being on a preset with IVS rules. I was panning and zooming around the street just for kicks and noticed when a car came into the FOV, autotracking took over. I do have IVS rules setup on one preset, but I was off that preset for quite some time when this happened. I've put a lot of effort into tweaking the IVS rules, so I'm not willing to delete my IVS rules/smart plans to test this. If you test this yourself, point your camera at a busy spot (not on a preset) and see if autotracking takes over. If it does, that validates the test. If it does not, then add/save a smart plan (not face detection) on a preset, go off the preset, point the cam at a busy spot and see if autotracking takes over. Finally, if this does not work, you can add an IVS rule to the smart plan preset, then PTZ off the preset and see if autotrack works on a busy spot. In my case, when the cam's autotracking completes, the cam returns to the idle spot (no idle or time tasks set up in my case/test). Not sure there'd be much use for this as it does not record to sdcard or BI when tracking unless continuous recording is on. If continuous recording is on, then this feature would allow you to track/record without the hassle of setting up quirky IVS rules. Looney, if you think this info has value, could you please point to this post from the SD59225U-HNI thread?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is a new section in the latest 6/30 firmware. It was off by default on mine after update. (Yes, I caved and finally updated the firmware)
I've tried it now for 24hrs, in my situation it's kinda sorta usefull.

One thing I did notice about the current firmware, the camera focus's much faster than the 9/16 firmware.

But I don't like at all what they did to the IR and Zoom setup. WTH?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this evening i was playing around with the day/night switch of IR. It doesnt want to switch over as early as my 5 year old foscam and the picture is too dark already. I tried both SmartIR and ZoomPrio. ZoomPri switch on the IR sooner but it focuses on one small center area. I hope the developers also read this forum. Here i am showing the comparison picture of my old Foscam vs this Dahua. Same location just from a bit different angle. As you see Dahua is way too dark and still cant start the IRs
View attachment 21702
the right picture is caused by the very bright sky. Try using HLC setting to counter that. You can also adjust the sensitivity to the day/night change over.

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the right picture is caused by the very bright sky. Try using HLC setting to counter that. You can also adjust the sensitivity to the day/night change over.
yep, playing with it i also realised that the Dahua cam was looking towards the west in the evening and it got more light which fooled the software. The old Foscam was looking towards the South and did get much less light that time and it autoadjusted better. Funny thing is that Dauha has 10 times more settings on these but still i am getting worse results. Error may be in the operator, so I keep playing with it.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I noticed another possible difference in firmware after upgrading...but not certain it's an actual change; it's possible I'm just noticing the feature for the first time. It appears the camera will autotrack without being on a preset with IVS rules. I was panning and zooming around the street just for kicks and noticed when a car came into the FOV, autotracking took over. I do have IVS rules setup on one preset, but I was off that preset for quite some time when this happened. I've put a lot of effort into tweaking the IVS rules, so I'm not willing to delete my IVS rules/smart plans to test this. If you test this yourself, point your camera at a busy spot (not on a preset) and see if autotracking takes over. If it does, that validates the test. If it does not, then add/save a smart plan (not face detection) on a preset, go off the preset, point the cam at a busy spot and see if autotracking takes over. Finally, if this does not work, you can add an IVS rule to the smart plan preset, then PTZ off the preset and see if autotrack works on a busy spot. In my case, when the cam's autotracking completes, the cam returns to the idle spot (no idle or time tasks set up in my case/test). Not sure there'd be much use for this as it does not record to sdcard or BI when tracking unless continuous recording is on. If continuous recording is on, then this feature would allow you to track/record without the hassle of setting up quirky IVS rules. Looney, if you think this info has value, could you please point to this post from the SD59225U-HNI thread?
I tried this new autotracking setting, but it only chases around birds and trees and everything that moves. No way to set any thresholds or anything. For me it's useless, so I'm back to IVS and intrusion boxes again.

Frank van der Heide

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you have both the software and PTZ versions installed, I don't see why you wouldn't have it. Camera>Conditions>Focus & Zoom

View attachment 21839
1.JPG 2.JPG

The option for AF is definitely not there

I see that the software version that you're running has a different name. Same version and date, but the name is different. I got mine from the official Dahua website. Where did you get yours?
My build seems to be 2512, while yours is 301e

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hello for those who have used the new firmware [PAL] DH_SD-Eos_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.600.0000.3.R.20170630 try with request via broswer
http: //ip-cam/cgi-bin/magicBox.cgi? action = getSystemInfo to see which processor results
I noticed that after updating has changed before it was ambarella s2l
it may be that they have a single firmware for different cams with different cmos and sockets and that during the update the software gets confused
what do you think ?

appAutoStart = true
DeviceType = DH-SD59430U-HNI
hardwareVersion = 1.00
processor = HI3516A
serialNumber = 2H017 **********
updateSerial = CA-HZ4030U

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
appAutoStart=true
deviceType=SD59230U-HNI
hardwareVersion=1.00
processor=HI3516A
serialNumber=************
updateSerial=CA-HZ2030U1

this is what i see after upgrade but i never checked this before

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the test
I had checked with firmware 9/2016 and scored me s2l processor
My doubt comes from the fact that my CAM mounts CMOS 4 megapixel OmniVision does not drain Sony so i think it has been installed on Ambarella chips

belmont

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its my first Dahua but i have 10 units of EXIR Hikvisions and somehow the Dahua picture quality is different, a little bit more stronger colors, little bit more artificial compared to 4Mpixel Hikvision ones. Must add the Foscam PTZ has also sharper colors. All are OK for me, and i just use the "defaults" on Dahua as these differences doesnt really matter for me.

iveco300

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
new firmware on dahua wiki
DH_SD-Eos_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.600.0000000.7.R.170812
there is automatic deactivation update