Alternative to IPC-HDW5231R-Z / ZE for less critical zones

kevotc

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm currently slowly building my camera system for my house. Are there any less expensive Dahua (filler) cameras that I can use for less critical areas like the sides of the house where I don't have entries or the front porch where I already have a camera pointed at face/soffit level? My porch has a higher ceiling (9') and I'd like to point a camera downwards to see if I have packages. All entry points (windows/doors) will have coverage by an IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.

Here is what I have currently:
NVR
HP EliteDesk i7-6700, 16GB Ram, 128GB SSD, 4TB WD Purple (overkill but I scored a good deal on one)
Blue Iris
Cameras
(1) Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (installed)
(4-5) Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (to be ordered)
POE
(1) Dahua PFS3110-8P-96

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm currently slowly building my camera system for my house. Are there any less expensive Dahua (filler) cameras that I can use for less critical areas like the sides of the house where I don't have entries or the front porch where I already have a camera pointed at face/soffit level? My porch has a higher ceiling (9') and I'd like to point a camera downwards to see if I have packages. All entry points (windows/doors) will have coverage by an IPC-HDW5231R-ZE.

Here is what I have currently:
NVR
HP EliteDesk i7-6700, 16GB Ram, 128GB SSD, 4TB WD Purple (overkill but I scored a good deal on one)
Blue Iris
Cameras
(1) Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (installed)
(4-5) Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE (to be ordered)
POE
(1) Dahua PFS3110-8P-96
Welcome Kevotc,

Thanks for your first post.

I've been thinking of the following form factors for a "look downward" on the porch option.
Examples of starlight models - I may go for higher res as the porch is well lighted.

IPC-HDBW4231F-AS - 2MP IR Mini Dome Network camera
IPC-HDBW4231F-AS | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology

or

IPC-HDB4231C-AS - 2MP Mini-Dome Network Camera
IPC-HDB4231C-AS | Dahua Technology - Dahua Technology

For the side of the house I still prefer a varifocal so I can adjust it and get less of the neighbors property.

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.