Am I on the right track?

Echo22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another thing, until you have the default IP address changed to a static IP address on the proper sub-net, only connect one cam at a time. If you connect two (or more) of the cams that have a default address of 192.168.1.108 none of them will be accessible as there is an IP address conflict. All cams and any other equipment on the LAN have to have unique IP addresses.
Okay thanks I was planning on hooking up a couple at once now that I know the/a issue

Echo22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay so I can now detect the cameras. They have ip 10.122.15.x I need to change them to static IP 192.168.2.x (NIC2 subnet). I am assuming mask is the std 255.255.255.0, but what do I put for the gateway? Any IP on the same subnet, or the same as my ipv4 ip?

Echo22

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alright I believe i have the 2 NICs setup correctly, adjusted camera IP, added to Blue Iris okay. tapping out for the night i will play with the VPN aspect tomorrow. I do have one question, is it possible to use the BI ios app with this configuration (no port forwarding), is the app decent, or should i just use web interface to view cameras while away? Again thanks everyone for the help, figures the issue would come down to a damn cord.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use the BI app on my phone.
I use UI3 on my pc laptop and chromebook.
You can use the browser on the phone, it works well, but i prefer the app.