Amazon cheating Return

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Does no one actually realize what that is? It's a Mario Kart Live Home Circuit. The karts have cameras in them and you race them with Mario Kart on your Switch, inside your house.

And then this guy connected them to his simulator.

Reaction score
Each time I read this thread about the switched camera it reminds of the late 90's scam where people would buy expensive 3D graphics
cards like the Voodoo X series and return the box with a crappy VGA card instead. Visually there was not as much difference as you might
think, especially to the person doing the returns at CompUSA. But CompUSA and others finally caught on and would actually open the
retail boxes and hand write the serial numbers on the receipt. Scammers... :mad:

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello Andy, if you let us know where this happened I am sure someone one this site can do a drive by and get eyes on your camera. It is probably installed doing active duty and easy to see. Might be able to persuade the person to do the right thing. If its in my area let me know I would love to look into it
Or maybe try connect to it ;)

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
I have to wonder if the item and box returned actually match and then could it be a case of mistaken item returned like the camera went back to the vendor who sell those toy? Maybe same customer returning two different items and label got mixed up.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have to wonder if the item and box returned actually match and then could it be a case of mistaken item returned like the camera went back to the vendor who sell those toy? Maybe same customer returning two different items and label got mixed up.
According Andy's reply on page 2 of the thread, the guy intentionally ruin the original shipping label on the camera box to hide his shipping address. And only Amazon knows this guy address
right now. That doesn't sound like innocent mistake.

Also, there is more than one fraudulent return, one replace cheap camera for expensive one, another return a Mario kart toy box for the expensive camera.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think they do it on purpose.

A high percentage of sellers will give up after a few back/forwards. Makes sense. If you have to pay someone dealing with this you will lose money.

Amazon logic: hire some indians for a few cents/hour writing these stupid emails => no money lost for amazon

Reaction score
Hey guys

In the past weeks, we found some cheating happen when some people return the amazon orders, they return toy empty box and fake cheap PTZ as expensive PTZ SD5A425GA-HNR, i know who the guy is, this one is very new model and original labels is on it.
Because we have local US partner to check all returns before we make them refurbished. Return is fine, but if return some rubbish to cheat money this has big risk for YOU.

I already submit the cases to amazon, they have all details of your orders and who you are. Maybe someday you will get bad luck from amazon.

Appreciate most guys here return always in very good condition. Just the 0.001% part ruin the honest. :cool:

View attachment 163079

View attachment 163080che
I haven't bought from you... I've had to return lots of devices such as ipcams that I bought on Amazon. The middlemen were just passing on product to customers without checking quality or testing the product. On another case, I bought a Moka coffee pot that corroded. Amazon accepted the return, I bought another. Then 2 months later, Amazon charged my credit card again since the seller didn't reimburse Amazon. Fine, I complained, they reimbursed again, but I dropped Amazon Prime. I've noticed that the cost of a product with or without prime shipping is usually just the difference in shipping cost.