Amazon/Ring Drone Security Cam LOL

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
What I wonder is how this is going to avoid the obsticles and how good it will be. I think it does not ship until 2021 let us know if you end up getting or either testing one. Its interesting what this reminds me off now is Person Of Interest lol

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would love that thing to take off in my house with three dogs when I am not home. I would be more worried about the damage the dogs would do chasing it, then the idiot breaking in.

In the video, nice locks on the sliding door. :(

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
They can put anything that they want in that video. My main hobby is quadcopters and let me tell you right off... no way in H E double L that thing is going to work like that in your house. I can just see my wife's glass collectable figurines hitting the floor now. Can you say, "law suits"?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is a write-up on it. Take aways are:
  • Retail Price of around $250
  • You walk it around the house at the height and locations you want it to travel and that is the path it follows so that glass figurines don't get taken out LOL.

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
Huh they have some more products as well Like mailbox sensor that be kind of cool...

And there is something else I was reading as well something sidewalk share or something..

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Huh they have some more products as well Like mailbox sensor that be kind of cool...

And there is something else I was reading as well something sidewalk share or something..

I already use the motion sensors along with my ring alarm and echo dots, and ecobee thermostat. I have the motion sensors in my garage and in my truck. And when i arm my ring alarm at night, if there is motion in my garage or my truck i will get a message on all echo devices or just the ones i chose, for right now i have it message all. It can say what ever message you want. I can see getting the mailbox sensor. Unless i want to catch someone checking my mailbox in the middle of the night, i can just use the motion sensor for that too. The drone is a cool idea, just a gadget i think, because the jerks will just grab it and smash it. But i like my ring environment with alexa, it just all works.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.