Amcrest AD110 chime options with DC instead of AC?

Unfocused

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I plan on buying the Amcrest doorbell, but I can't find any electronic chimes that would work since they all run on 8-12V AC here in Germany, while the doorbell runs on 16-24V AC or 12-24V DC.
I wouldn't mind hardware modifications and some tinkering, but I'm out of Ideas at the moment.
Maybe someone here can help?

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I have this Honeywell Electronic Chime (looks like 'currently not available') but it will run on internal batteries or 16v AC from a transformer. If you read through some of the questions on the Amazon listing, where I bought it, people mention they are using it with a 24v Nest doorbell

current ebay listing for one

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

megazone23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I plan on buying the Amcrest doorbell, but I can't find any electronic chimes that would work since they all run on 8-12V AC here in Germany, while the doorbell runs on 16-24V AC or 12-24V DC.
I wouldn't mind hardware modifications and some tinkering, but I'm out of Ideas at the moment.
Maybe someone here can help?
If you already have the 8-12V AC chime already installed, might be you can just add a 24V relay which powers both the relay and doorbell and have the doorbell trigger the relay in.
(I'm not exactly sure it's the correct one that will work, someone with better knowledge can correct me)