Amcrest camera purchase

Burner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased one of those PTZ indoor Amcrest's cameras the other day. While I was setting up the cloud profile I noticed it already had an entry for the camera and it wasn't mine? It wouldn't allow me to enter my information so I called support. They told me it looked as if the camera had already been setup by someone else and they referred me to tech support. Tech support told me no problem, they could correct the problem for $69.00. LOL!! The camera I bought was supposed to be new!! I sent it back to Amcrest!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased one of those PTZ indoor Amcrest's cameras the other day. While I was setting up the cloud profile I noticed it already had an entry for the camera and it wasn't mine? It wouldn't allow me to enter my information so I called support. They told me it looked as if the camera had already been setup by someone else and they referred me to tech support. Tech support told me no problem, they could correct the problem for $69.00. LOL!! The camera I bought was supposed to be new!! I sent it back to Amcrest!
That is not acceptable.
@AdamAmcrest
@bbonyamcrest
@benamcrest
@IPKing
@James.S
@K.L.
@mromamcrest

K.L.

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@Burner Can you send me a message on any information such as order number or who you spoke with on tech support? If users accidentally receives a used product instead of a new we send them another one. We do not require the user to pay for another full priced camera.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
@Burner Can you send me a message on any information such as order number or who you spoke with on tech support? If users accidentally receives a used product instead of a new we send them another one. We do not require the user to pay for another full priced camera.
:headbang::thumb: :clap:

Burner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received a support number when I initially called Amcrest to report a problem with the cloud profile being setup already. The number they gave me was "AMC20123". They suggested I call their support who suggested I pay them to have the profile unlocked. So I contacted Newegg, where I bought the camera and requested a "new" camera. Amcrest received the returned camera on 4/21. They won't respond! I did a little research and found BBB in that area is having problems with them as well. A quote from them "The BBB cannot confirm nor deny the company is still in business. However, they have failed to respond to the BBB to resolve and address complaint issues."

Not sure what Amcrest's problem is but I wouldn't buy from them again!!

K.L.

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@Burner Were you able to find the order number from the previous camera you received? I believe on our last message with each other you mentioned you will try to find it after receiving the other camera. If you manage to find it can you message me directly so I can investigate this on my end?

ctgoldwing

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
fwiw my $.02 on Amcrest. I have several of their 4K bullet cameras. One just failed after several months. I contacted them through their web site, explained this issue and was told it would have to be replaced and I was given a case # to use when requesting an RGA. I had to pay $15 to cover shipping both ways. The old one has probably reached them by now and I expect the replacement shortly. Although I wasn't thrilled about the $15, it is clearly stated in their warranty. The whole process was pretty fast n painless.

Burner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Burner Were you able to find the order number from the previous camera you received? I believe on our last message with each other you mentioned you will try to find it after receiving the other camera. If you manage to find it can you message me directly so I can investigate this on my end?
K.L.

I'm curious as to what you found out about my returned camera. Did you ever contact Amcrest ?

K.L.

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@Burner Yes it was related to a shipping error on our part. For the technical support team they should have started the replacement process right away as they should have known about the policy when a user receives a bad order. Our team understands that people do make mistakes sometimes but as this was a combination of errors on our end we told them to be more careful as this issue could have been resolved more efficiently.

Burner

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'll say! Only after Newegg, threatening to remove Amcrest from their distribution list did I get any response. After a month I finally receive a camera back but like the first camera, it to was not new. I believe it was the same camera I sent them back. Not 100% sure but it looked like it. When I attempted to do a setup, using the default userid & password, I received a invalid signon msg. Nice....

what did you know and when did you know it