Amcrest IP4M-1051B 4MP Pan-Tilt (Dahua hardware)

Reaction score
IP4M-1051B Camera.jpg $90 USD at Amazon.com

Incredible picture quality, pan-tilt, wide 120-degree Field of Vision.
Dual-band 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz wifi capabilities, also wired Ethernet.
2688x1520P at 20fps | 3MP and 1080P at 30fps
Omnivision OV4659 image sensor, Ambarella S3LM chipset
Classic Dahua firmware, default IP address 192.168.1.108

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
View attachment 48262 $90 USD at Amazon.com

Incredible picture quality, pan-tilt, wide 120-degree Field of Vision.
Dual-band 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz wifi capabilities, also wired Ethernet.
2688x1520P at 20fps | 3MP and 1080P at 30fps
Omnivision OV4659 image sensor, Ambarella S3LM chipset
Classic Dahua firmware, default IP address 192.168.1.108
Price has dropped to the $65-to-$75 range these days. Still quite a good camera with great picture quality.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
There was a "Lightning Deal" on it yesterday, but a one-item limit. :(
I grabbed one for $66.29
It will replace the 2MP Annke/Hikvision cube watching my back door from the inside.

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You are spurring my interest. I have 2 of the older IP2M-841 cameras and they work great. I use them outside as deer cams, mounted upside down in a large electrical box to shed moisture and powered via POE RJ45 by using an adapter to feed the required 5 volts to power the cameras. Night vision is only fair but read that this newer model is much better.
I use Blue Iris for viewing and controlling.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a few of the 2mp models, which were my initial set of cameras back in the early days; stellar performance

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a few of the 2mp models, which were my initial set of cameras back in the early days; stellar performance
I have the 4mp models and oddly enough, they'll lose signal about once a month maybe and the cameras will completely turn around. I have to unplug them to reset them and they come back online, all good. Luckily I can easily get to my 2 cameras I have and unplug/plug them in. Weird....

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I'm beginning to notice a trend where the older models are simply more reliable. I don't know what is really happening during product development / decision-making; but based on overall consensus here, I'm not the only one that is noticing this. Have you checked to see if there was a newer firmware available for the Amcrest cameras? Be aware these cameras are not sold by Dahua directly; but are technically made under the same roof as other Dahua cameras

I have the 4mp models and oddly enough, they'll lose signal about once a month maybe and the cameras will completely turn around. I have to unplug them to reset them and they come back online, all good. Luckily I can easily get to my 2 cameras I have and unplug/plug them in. Weird....

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Coincidentally, I'm beginning to notice a trend where the older models are simply more reliable. I don't know what is really happening during product development / decision-making; but based on overall consensus here, I'm not the only one that is noticing this. Have you checked to see if there was a newer firmware available for the Amcrest cameras? Be aware these cameras are not sold by Dahua directly; but are technically made under the same roof as other Dahua cameras
Yeah I need to check again but I think they were current back in Sept timeframe

Riclyo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had ordered the 2mp POE model in March of last year. When I received it they sent me the non POE model and there was a issue where the camera color was like a picture negative. I contacted Amcrest and they said they would send me the correct model, OK no problem. When I received the replacement it was clearly a used refurb unit instead of a new one like I had ordered. I emailed them and called them and both times they told me it was standard practice to replace defective units with refurbs! Below is a snipit of the email reply I received from Amcrest.

"Hello,
Replacements are processed upon product availability andin most cases the replacement will be manufacturer refurbished.

Best Regards,
Cody A."

I have the entire email chain still saved if anyone needs proof that they are an unprofessional crap company.
And to add insult to injury I had to pay return shipping on the refurb unit to receive a refund.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Sadly, Amcrest is always behind the latest Dahua firmware, and based on my understanding it is not possible to directly flash Dahua firmware on these indoor PTZ cameras. There are some models that have exceptions, but you'd be flashing at your own risk.

Yeah I need to check again but I think they were current back in Sept timeframe

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
It would be best to use PayPal and utilize PayPal's free return shipping service if something like this develops again. Their model structure can be a little ambiguous; but if they send you a non-PoE model they should refund the difference, enabling you to buy a PoE adapter to make it work without external power

I had ordered the 2mp POE model in March of last year. When I received it they sent me the non POE model and there was a issue where the camera color was like a picture negative. I contacted Amcrest and they said they would send me the correct model, OK no problem. When I received the replacement it was clearly a used refurb unit instead of a new one like I had ordered. I emailed them and called them and both times they told me it was standard practice to replace defective units with refurbs! Below is a snipit of the email reply I received from Amcrest.

"Hello,
Replacements are processed upon product availability andin most cases the replacement will be manufacturer refurbished.

Best Regards,
Cody A."

I have the entire email chain still saved if anyone needs proof that they are an unprofessional crap company.
And to add insult to injury I had to pay return shipping on the refurb unit to receive a refund.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The picture is very clear, how is the night time picture quality with the IR enabled?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not really into putting cams inside the house but I thought it'd be nice to have a cam to see what the dog is up to while away from home. My BI server doesn't have WiFI and all the cams are run off of a POE switch on a separate network from the WiFi side. I suppose I'd have to figure out how to do a RJ45 drop to a convenient place on the interior if I want BI server connection. Maybe a powerline adapter is easiest.

Last edited: