Amcrest SmartHome Video Doorbell Camera AD110

rfryar

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to add the AD110 to the IP Cam Viewer app on Roku. Has a nice screensaver option to pull up cameras. I currently have 3 other Amcrest cameras working, but the AD110 is giving me a hard time.

Anyone know how to parse the rtsp URL for this?

You should be able to try the ONVIF auto config and it should populate. Otherwise here is the URL from blue Iris I use..

/stream0?username={user}&password={password}

And that is RTSP on port 554
rtsp:/192.168.2.9/stream0?username={user}&password={password}

rfryar

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry I posted the wrong camera URL.. I have RTSP on port 554, no PATH, just the camera.
rtsp:/192.168.2.9/

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is the network URL I use for Home Assistant to connect to the AD110. It can also be easily tested using VLC's "open network stream".

Code:
rtsp:/admin:password@192.168.xxx.xxx:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
BTW - I had no idea Roku had an app that provided this capability. Thanks - going to try it out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You should be able to try the ONVIF auto config and it should populate. Otherwise here is the URL from blue Iris I use..

/stream0?username={user}&password={password}

And that is RTSP on port 554
rtsp:/192.168.2.9/stream0?username={user}&password={password}
The ONVIF wasn't working, which wasn't a big surprise.

For clarity, you're saying I should enter "rtsp:/" in the IP address field? rtsp:/192.168.x.x?

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The ONVIF wasn't working, which wasn't a big surprise.

For clarity, you're saying I should enter "rtsp:/" in the IP address field? rtsp:/192.168.x.x?
Apologies, the URL is supposed to be rtsp: with 2 forward slashes. This forum editor eats one of the slashes. I need to learn how to escape special char in this forum. This is the complete URL that works for HA and VLC. And based on the screen cap you provided, it appears that you are only supposed to enter the /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 portion. The IP addr and credentials are provided in separate fields.

Reaction score
Apologies, the URL is supposed to be rtsp: with 2 forward slashes. This forum editor eats one of the slashes. I need to learn how to escape special char in this forum. This is the complete URL that works for HA and VLC. And based on the screen cap you provided, it appears that you are only supposed to enter the /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0 portion. The IP addr and credentials are provided in separate fields.
still nada. Tried with the rtsp:/ in the IP field and without. Tried Port 554 and port 80. Tried substream 0 and 1.

i PM'd the app developer, who posted in another thread, and hopefully I can get some additional info.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@ckronengold - Good luck with getting this working with the Roku app, and please keep us posted.

Meanwhile, the AD110 SmartHome service went down again yesterday. The app's live view just shows "offline" and is now unusable for answering door. RTSP live stream via a different app is still working fine, so the connectivity issue is with their back-end. No luck getting any official comms from Amcrest about this outage and the one last week and the week before that. All we know unofficially is that a factory reset can bring it back online (usually).

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

rj829

n3wb
Reaction score
Hah! I just grabbed a random post and shared.. funny.
Thanks for sharing that on the Amcrest forum, save me a ton of time! I was neck-deep in tcpdump'ing to figure out what was going on.. Just updated iptables directly on my USG and its good to go, for now :)

K46tank

n3wb
Reaction score
Does this unit record a pre-event? My DB11 does not, or if it does I can't find a way to activate it. Most of my recordings are of people walking away from the door, not approaching it. I had a LAView doorbell cam that did have a pre-event but it was off-line so much I trashed it.

K46tank

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the info! It's a shame the DB11 doesn't have a pre-event buffer. If it did, I could live with the issue of rebooting when logging on to view at night.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for the info! It's a shame the DB11 doesn't have a pre-event buffer. If it did, I could live with the issue of rebooting when logging on to view at night.
With that said. I have it recording 24/7 to a nvr so not sure if that affect the pre recording.

I do get 5 second pre event or so from the amcrest smart home app from the motion detection sniper.

K46tank

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmmm…… I wonder if the pre event is being recorded at the NVR level or the AD110??? The LAView that I had, the first Gen with the square button, recorded the pre event onto the sdcard. I would thank that any of them would/could do that with the proper firmware instruction

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hmmm…… I wonder if the pre event is being recorded at the NVR level or the AD110??? The LAView that I had, the first Gen with the square button, recorded the pre event onto the sdcard. I would thank that any of them would/could do that with the proper firmware instruction
Both, the smart home app load the SD card recording. Nvr still get trigger by the motion detection for md recording, but I have amcrest nvr

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble receiving push audio notifications when the doorbell is pressed? My Google Pixel is getting a popup from the app saying "Someone is at the front door" but no sound. Amcrest support told me to delete the device from my account and hard reset it but that would have been too easy. No luck. A post on the Amcrest forum suggested that I remove the camera from Blueiris and reinstall it but that did not have any affect. Any ideas?