Amcrest SmartHome Video Doorbell Camera AD110

rj829

n3wb
Reaction score
@eganders you'll most definitely have to use admin for the username and the password you set when you setup the camera via the app initially.
You can test this out with VLC if its easier, in VLC open a network stream and use this URL:
rstp:/admin:YourSetPassword@your_cam_ip:554
(remove :554 if your version of VLC adds it on automatically, if you're pasting in).

tai4de2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does this camera support multiple video streams at different resolutions, like other Amcrest IP cameras? I take separate 4K and VGA streams from the other Amcrest cameras in my system.

Reaction score
I just received the Amcrest doorbell camera purchased on sale on Amazon.

Has anyone else figured out how the power works? My guess is that the "chime module" included is an inductive coil to put a load on the push button circuit so the camera can draw some power while wired in series with the chime.
In my case I had removed the chime and put in a wireless chime. I know I can wire it as if the old chime was still there and get the camera to work but the wireless chime won't be triggered by the pushbutton on the camera.
I'm thinking I'll wire up a relay to trigger the push button for the wireless chime.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Shadeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone else figured out how the power works? My guess is that the "chime module" included is an inductiver coil to put a load on the push button circuit so the camera can draw some power.
In my case I had removed the chime and put in a wireless chime.
I got one of these Amcrest video doorbells too, and although the video hooked up fine to thier app, and to my Blue Iris system, my mechanical doorbell does NOT chime, despire adding their little chime kit to it. Not sure why it does not make sound, haven't had time to try to trouble shoot that yet, but curious if anyone has ideas of how to fix that problem.

baizej

n3wb
Reaction score
I got one of these Amcrest video doorbells too, and although the video hooked up fine to thier app, and to my Blue Iris system, my mechanical doorbell does NOT chime, despire adding their little chime kit to it. Not sure why it does not make sound, haven't had time to try to trouble shoot that yet, but curious if anyone has ideas of how to fix that problem.
I had to set mine to digital and then it worked.

eganders

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have an issue of the Amcrest AD110 camera not showing face detail because the porch is in shadow because the sun is in back of the person? I could use a light on the porch mounted where the camera is in order to light the person's face, but that is difficult.

I tried to increase the brightness of a screen shot from the doorbell camera with editing software, but the shadow is so strong that I do not have much success.

By the way...
I finally got the camera working with Blue Iris. I really don't have a reason why, but it may have been a password issue. The funny thing is, the camera works fine with Amazon Alexa with the setup that I had before I rebooted the camera from factory defaults. I did not do a thing with the Alexa, it just worked with the previous Alexa setup I don't remember entering a password for the camera when I set up the Amazon Alexa Show originally.

The Amcrest Smart Home app is a little sketchy...
Every time I try to go live, I get a basketball on a trampoline symbol while it counts up to 100 percent and then often it says it is on cellular data?!? I know it is connected to WiFi, so I do not understand that at all. I also have distortion in the receiving and transmitting audio. More work has to be done to determine what is going on and I will repost when I find out more.

eganders

n3wb
Reaction score
That is one thing that I did not have a problem with. I have a mechanical doorbell and bought a more powerful transformer some time ago. It worked well right out of the box. See if you can check the voltage out of the transformer when the doorbell is pushed. You might have to put the old doorbell button in, because the camera bell activates the bell only for a short time when it is pushed.

Shadeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
WOW!!! I just set mine to digital in the Amcrest app last night and it finally triggered my MECHANICAL chime. That was not expected at all, it didn't make any sound when set to mechanical, so weird. I wonder if it has something to do with that little box I added to the mechanical chime? Anyway, thank you for the tip!

eganders

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the doorbell working with the Amcrest SmartHomeApp app and Blue Iris. I had a hard time getting it to work with Blue Iris. Not sure why. I'm guessing there was a glitch in the initial setup with the Amcrest app, but on deleting the camera and resetting it to factory defaults then reinstalling it, It worked fine for Blue Iris. Take care that you properly remember your camera password. I am pretty sure I used the proper password the first time. It works with Amazon Alexa (both on the initial install and after i reinstalled it -- and I did not reinstall it with Alexa -- it just worked with the original install!!!

Be aware that it tends to use cellular data, and if it does, it is SLOW and often can result in a communication error.

baizej

n3wb
Reaction score
WOW!!! I just set mine to digital in the Amcrest app last night and it finally triggered my MECHANICAL chime. That was not expected at all, it didn't make any sound when set to mechanical, so weird. I wonder if it has something to do with that little box I added to the mechanical chime? Anyway, thank you for the tip!
I saw a screenshot somewhere and it had the choices in a different order than my app had, so makes me wonder if the GUI was changed but the actual setting wasn't.

eganders

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the doorbell installed and it is working with the Amcrest SmartHomeApp (version 3.3.2), Blue Iris and Amazon Alexa. I find there is a terrific delay on the Amcrest application ranging from 5 to 15 seconds often resulting in an error if I don't turn off the WiFi assist on the iPhone. Since my WiFi is quite strong and no other app is trying to use cell data, I don't understand that, but it appears to be an iPhon quirk. My Blue Iris has no such problem.

Reaction score
There's a setting in the camera setup for the Chime type, Mechanical, Digital or None. Try using one of the first two.

I just got my AD110 to work wiring the power from the transformer directly to the doorbell. Note that unlike with the other brands you don't need a power resistor when you hook it up directly.
I will try making it work with an AC relay as if it was a chime, then use that to trigger the old wireless doorbell transmitter and maybe BlueIris. I did figure out how to wire into the transmitter / push button.

Reaction score
Something funky about that setting. I called support and they told me to select "None" even though I had a mechanical chime. Sure as shinola, it worked.

Btw, got mine for $85 on a lightning deal on Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Very psyched about that.

Reaction score
I just went on a car trip. I "wasted" the prep time finishing up the setup on my Amcrest AD110 video doorbell. I set up the free cloud account and added the camera to Blue Iris.

We were having lunch 600 miles away from home when my Pixel 2 XL "rang" with someone at the door. With a few glitches we were able to talk to our friend who had stopped by. Way cool! SHMBO agreed once more that geek hubby is all right.

It hit me that I could have unlocked the door if I had the VPN working

I still need to try connecting the wireless door chime. I have a plan on how to do that. I'll make a video to share once I get the round tuit.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just installed mine over the weekend. It works fine in the Amcrest Smart Home App and Alexa through the skill but no dice in BlueIris. The IP shows up in the Amcrest IP Config App but I cannot connect to it. Going to the Doorbell's IP address directly does not present me with a login screen, unlike every other IP camera in my system, including two Amcrest WiFi Cams inside my house, which also do not work in the Amcrest Smart Home App but only in the legacy(?) Amcrest View Pro App. IDK if this is related or not but it sure seams to be.

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'm going to have to do a factory reset.

Do you know if a port needs to be forwarded in my UniFi Security Gateway and if so, which one? Does the IP address in the Camera Settings > Video > Configure screen need to be in the form <IP address>:<port number>?

rj829

n3wb
Reaction score
Port forwarding? Is there a firewall or restrictions between your doorbell and your Blueiris server?
What credentials are you using? As mentioned, need to use the ones you setup on the doorbell via the app when you initially set it up.

Sammy2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No. I don't have an internal firewall so I guess it isn't an issue. This would only be the case for viewing a camera via the web and this camera doesn't permit that.

Biggest thing is that I think I have the wrong credentials in my head so I'm probably going to have to reset the camera which is no big deal but the time to do so.

naeonline

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you do 2-way audio in blue-iris with this doorbell camera? or does it only record and i'd have to use the camera software to speak to someone at the doorbell?