Amcrest WiFi Outdoor PTZ

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
20200418_162223.jpg 20200423_104604.jpg 20200423_102010.jpg

The photo of the inside of the installation is not a photo of the finished product nevertheless I added the photo here to give an idea of how I supported it.

EOppie

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks good. I am pretty impressed at the relatively decent quality of the Amcrest PTZs

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have the 4Mp 12x wired version, its amazing. Only paid $322.00 for it using the promo code.
View attachment 60265
i hate to be a jack ass but....hehehehe. i paid $305 for mine. Renewed but seems to work perfectly and by looking it at you would think it was new. no complaints a few days in.
amcrest.wifi.ptz.amazon.jpg

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would have went this route in my opinion
that human tracking is pretty impressive.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@scott492010 - BI simply takes the video feed, so if you have a PTZ with autotrack, you can watch it through BI and record and all that good stuff.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Think he means have bi do the tracking on a regular ptz
True, but just in case he didn't know that...

However, you can do a clone and zone method to mimic auto track in BI. It probably wouldn't work for a bird (but autotrack would probably have trouble "close-up" with a bird anyway), but mine works reasonably well on people and could work on 4 legged wildlife if I made the min object size smaller. I have 10 clones of fixed cams and my PTZ is following what and where I want followed.

scott492010

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
True, but just in case he didn't know that...

However, you can do a clone and zone method to mimic auto track in BI. It probably wouldn't work for a bird (but autotrack would probably have trouble "close-up" with a bird anyway), but mine works reasonably well on people and could work on 4 legged wildlife if I made the min object size smaller. I have 10 clones of fixed cams and my PTZ is following what and where I want followed.
I am probably going to far on this but .... i was thinking of coon and or squirrel on grapevines or mawberry trees. The biggest problem i am seeing so far in my adventures is the wind blowing the foliage causing motion detection to go hog wild. I noticed that other software code that can distinguish color/make/model/license plate number of a vehicle....you would think the same could be done for creatures.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I am probably going to far on this but .... i was thinking of coon and or squirrel on grapevines or mawberry trees. The biggest problem i am seeing so far in my adventures is the wind blowing the foliage causing motion detection to go hog wild. I noticed that other software code that can distinguish color/make/model/license plate number of a vehicle....you would think the same could be done for creatures.
Zones might solve some issues. I know the sun on grass from behind clouds still set off my bi zones on certain days

StratRider

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
why do you believe this 858w is a 853e? and why not do the firmware upgrade. I have already updated everything so i am just curious?
First, with amcrest the W just stands for the color of the mechanism, so yours is White like all of the rest of the 853's
Next, the E is their code for a POE capable device. If you have a POE switch you can use that and not the power cord.

Finally, I am having a very odd issue with mine that started immediately after upgrading the firmware to build 200316.bin and in Blue Iris I have no PTZ control at all.
small thread = Lost PTZ controls with Firmware upgrade
If you and @jd415 are running BI-5 and upgraded the firmware I would love to discuss your config settings and your PTZ control settings in BI
Possibly it was a coincidence and I have a totally different problem, so this would be a great help.
Thanks

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i hate to be a jack ass but....hehehehe. i paid $305 for mine. Renewed but seems to work perfectly and by looking it at you would think it was new. no complaints a few days in.
View attachment 60279
@scott492010 I hate to be a jackass too but Wifi cameras are for noobs that's why they are cheaper, wired cameras are so much better.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
@scott492010 I hate to be a jackass too but Wifi cameras are for noobs that's why they are cheaper, wired cameras are so much better.
Wifi camera limitations are something you have to learn for yourself.. I used to think they were ok until you drop signals at crucial times. The veterans here know what they are talking about.