bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ouch!

That’s actually a great round. But at $1.50 p/rd geesh

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm in the class, that will do with, what I have, I won't buy anything that is over what the price was back in January. Everyone is price gouging, from manufacturer on down the line.
anti-gunners are winning here..
I'm sure if there were a military need for ammo, it would be pumped out by the train/dumptruck load.
and - We The People - are not what the gov't. wants to have armed easily, especially in times that they might need it. There's a lot more into reading what I'm saying here.
Arms seem to be selling at record demand, but where's the fuel for them to work. Arms and ammo - two different entities here - and someone is applying the pressure where it really counts.

Reaction score
Remember back just after Obama got elected all of a sudden 22LR became impossible to get? I was at a gun show here in TX and this guy had cases of 22LR that he was selling for 4-5x the price you would normally pay at Gander, Academy or Walmart if it was available. He was telling his friend that he had a deal with some of the store managers at Gander that when ammo was coming in, they would call him and he would show up at the loading dock, pay the store manager directly in cash for the ammo, plus some 'extra' cash as a 'handling fee', and the workers would move it from the truck to his pickup.

This pissed me off to no end. I gave him a piece of my mind and told him he was the reason everyone else could not get ammo. I said I hope you choke on it.

Well a several months later things had gotten back to normal and he was at the gun show and could not sell anything as his prices were too high. He was crying about it. I went over and asked how much for three cases and he got excited and gives me this huge price and I laughed at him. I said why would I pay you that price when I can go to Walmart and pay so much less? He said "well I won't charge you tax". So I said "say that again a little louder, I don't think my recorder picked it up". I have not seen that jerk at the gun shows since that last one.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
... and those Anti-2A want to limit the amount of ammo a person could buy .. "who needs more than a box or 2..."

Well... I think we know now why buying goods when the supply is good and the price is good helps those who can least afford it later.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Remember back just after Obama got elected all of a sudden 22LR became impossible to get? I was at a gun show here in TX and this guy had cases of 22LR that he was selling for 4-5x the price you would normally pay at Gander, Academy or Walmart if it was available. He was telling his friend that he had a deal with some of the store managers at Gander that when ammo was coming in, they would call him and he would show up at the loading dock, pay the store manager directly in cash for the ammo, plus some 'extra' cash as a 'handling fee', and the workers would move it from the truck to his pickup.

This pissed me off to no end. I gave him a piece of my mind and told him he was the reason everyone else could not get ammo. I said I hope you choke on it.

Well a several months later things had gotten back to normal and he was at the gun show and could not sell anything as his prices were too high. He was crying about it. I went over and asked how much for three cases and he got excited and gives me this huge price and I laughed at him. I said why would I pay you that price when I can go to Walmart and pay so much less? He said "well I won't charge you tax". So I said "say that again a little louder, I don't think my recorder picked it up". I have not seen that jerk at the gun shows since that last one.
This happened a lot during that timeframe with all ammo. Probably is partially to blame for this go around.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I use the "notify when back in stock button" on many sites. Seems like ammoseek is just to slow to find deals. I just snagged a 1000 rd case of CCI Blazer 9mm 124 gr for 249.00 at Brownells Friday...Fedex just dropped them off :) I also strongly recommend you have accounts already signed up with the vendors and be sure to have auto sign in selected. You really just have enough time add to cart and checkout within in one minute or you are too late. Of course this sucks having to do it this way, but if you like to shoot, what else can you do. This purchase was for a family member for Christmas....boy will she be surprised !!

BTW...there are way to many vendors that are price gouging big time