android app on local units "blue iris has stopped"

DouglasteR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It says 1280x720p

But it stays 720p even if i uncheck the specify frame size option.

Tried again frame size at 1080p and works ok ! Uncheck the specify frame size option and it stood at 1080p with no problems.

Well, if something was wrong with the frame size its gone !

Thanks !

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
At the risk of being a broken record...

If you would, uncheck the specify frame size option so it returns to automatic, and find out what resolution it is producing. You can find this easily in Chrome or Firefox by opening jpegpull.htm and right clicking the image, then choose open image in new tab. The title of the tab will contain the image resolution.

DouglasteR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
At the risk of being a broken record...

If you would, uncheck the specify frame size option so it returns to automatic, and find out what resolution it is producing. You can find this easily in Chrome or Firefox by opening jpegpull.htm and right clicking the image, then choose open image in new tab. The title of the tab will contain the image resolution.
It says 1280x720p
:confused:

To make it 100% crystal carbon nano tube clear

- With the specify frame size option unchecked, the image from the "open image in a new tab" from jpegpull.htm = 1280x720
- With the specify frame size option checked at 720p, the image from the "open image in a new tab" from jpegpull.htm = 1280x720 :rolleyes:
- With the specify frame size option checked at 1080p, the image from the "open image in a new tab" from jpegpull.htm = 1080p :rolleyes:
- With the specify frame size option unchecked, the image from the "open image in a new tab" from jpegpull.htm = 1080p

Or like i said previously:

DouglasteR said:
Well, after changing the option, it appears to have fixed whatever was wrong. !
:p

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I appreciate it.

I recently convinced Ken (the Blue Iris developer) to increase the automatically calculated resolution of these things, because it used to be really low and look terrible on a decent size display.
I suspect something about your camera layout caused it to be too wide and this bit of information should confirm if that is happening.

DouglasteR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. I appreciate it.

I recently convinced Ken (the Blue Iris developer) to increase the automatically calculated resolution of these things, because it used to be really low and look terrible on a decent size display.
I suspect something about your camera layout caused it to be too wide and this bit of information should confirm if that is happening.
Np, i really like BI and want it to be the best there is !

And yes, after disabling "Specify frame size" and restarting BI the problem was back. The Android app will crash right after showing the main cameras matrix.

In the Web access, the image size in the tab on Chrome was 1696x720, so its really custom, like you imagined.

And after enabling "Specify frame size" to 1080p and restarting BI again the problem vanished.

So it really is something with the frame size. You got it since the beginning

Let me know if anything more is needed.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like your BI got updated to 4.5.6 (released today) before you identified the image size (release notes for 4.5.6 indicate that the default height changed from 960px to 720px).

So I don't think that resolution of 1696x720 would have crashed your android app.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm. I know my usual 2320 x 1088 doesn't work in the Android app. I'm trying 1696 x 720 but my app won't connect at all.

DouglasteR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmm. I know my usual 2320 x 1088 doesn't work in the Android app. I'm trying 1696 x 720 but my app won't connect at all.
Strange, i can't connect either ! It say "cant reach the server" wtf !?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
New update is broken. The response compression Ken added isn't apparently compatible with the android app ... or with Internet Explorer .. maybe other browsers too.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Are they going to fix this issue.. spent 2 hours trying everything tonight now i see this. Unreal

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Are they going to fix this issue.. spent 2 hours trying everything tonight now i see this. Unreal
no its going to be left unfixed....geez..revert back...next time follow the protocol discussed here a million times and disable auto update and wait a few days before installing an update...install from the website so you can use that file in the future to revert back...there are several posts with older install files..

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
no its going to be left unfixed....geez..revert back...next time follow the protocol discussed here a million times and disable auto update and wait a few days before installing an update...install from the website so you can use that file in the future to revert back...there are several posts with older install files..
Thanks bud.. i upgraded from lite to full tonight and i guess just a coincidence that it stopped working.. thought i did something to screw it up.. i went back to an older blue iris version but my mobile app still isnt connecting to the server. Guess ill just wait and see what happens
Thanks

DouglasteR

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ken could add a "revert to late version" button to help. Its a pain to reinstall an older version in a far away machine :(

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I went back to previous version and still can not connect using bi android app.. i still get notifications of motion on phone but can not reach server. What am i doing wrong?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken could add a "revert to late version" button to help. Its a pain to reinstall an older version in a far away machine :(
Just as easy.. simply click on an old update file..and you get to choose the exact version that was stable for you...