Android mini pc

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Currently I'm running a android mini pc using ivms4500HD as a second monitor. I'm viewing the sub stream and noticed that after a while it just stops showing the video and I have to reload the app.. Anyone have some ideas? Or run a similar setup where it works?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Currently I'm running a android mini pc using ivms4500HD as a second monitor. I'm viewing the sub stream and noticed that after a while it just stops showing the video and I have to reload the app.. Anyone have some ideas? Or run a similar setup where it works?

Thanks
Try tinycam pro. The developer @alexvas is a member of this forum and provides quick support.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.. I'll definitely give that a go.. I'd love for the app to run 24/7 without any issues.. Unless the camera goes down of course..

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using a fire tv stick and having the same issues. I've tried the free version on tinycam, no luck. Is there a big difference between the free and Pro?

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I'm using a fire tv stick and having the same issues. I've tried the free version on tinycam, no luck. Is there a big difference between the free and Pro?
You mean you have the same issue of loosing video in tinyCam as well, right? Go to App Settings - Developer - Read app logs and try to send logs somehow to email mentioned here http://tinycammonitor.com/contacts.html
I will check what the problem is.

There is no difference regarding this issue between FREE and PRO.

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I couldn't get it setup ....... but I'll revisit that sometime today, since what I'm using now simply is not working.

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I bought an IP system from Supervircuits. Their Alibi Witness software is freezing once the view has been up for a number of hours, so looking for something else.

Here is the NVR I'm trying to connect to.... http://www.supercircuits.com/8-channel-switchbox-nvr-ali-nvr3108p

Here is the snapshort of the config I did in tinycam free version.

I get a timeout on trying to connect. This is over my LAN, Ideas what I have wrong. I cannot find specific model information in the config for this NVR. Not sure the RTSP setting. For viewing in their software I have opened ports 8000, 1050, 80.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are trying to pull a stream from the nvr, then you need to select the proper nvr, not the camera that is connected to the nvr.

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you are trying to pull a stream from the nvr, then you need to select the proper nvr, not the camera that is connected to the nvr.
Don't know who makes Alibi's NVR...so I picked Hikvision, and it only gave me cameras to pick from. The software is wanting to direct me to a camera, whereas I want an NVR.

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Alibi appears to be owned by Observint Technologies. They have a series of brands, but none of those brands appears on tinycam's list.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know who makes Alibi's NVR...so I picked Hikvision, and it only gave me cameras to pick from. The software is wanting to direct me to a camera, whereas I want an NVR.
when you select a brand it shows you both cameras and nvrs for that brand. randomly selecting hikvision as the brand is not going to get you anywhere.
Have you used the software scan network option?

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes. It finds the router with port 80 open. Does not find the NVR.

On edit:...also gone into advance mode, entered my NVR information, can't find it. I can ping NVR from smartphone where I'm trying this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes. It finds the router with port 80 open. Does not find the NVR.

On edit:...also gone into advance mode, entered my NVR information, can't find it. I can ping NVR from smartphone where I'm trying this.
what is the ip address of your router?

jcummins

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A browser, just throws the video out there. I'm guessing tinycam needs brand info etc for ptz controls???

All a browser has is ip port . So, with my dumb cameras, not sure why tinycam can't just go to that ip number and do what the browser does? But only browser that works with this NVR is explorer and PC version of Firefox. Requires web components plugins.

I've tried several different things with various viewers...the only thing I can make work decent is Alibi Witness supported by Supercircuits ( it has a landscape problem though on the stick), and if this tinycam is a no go I guess I resort to hdmi to cat cable and run a problematic cable...and the not so nice view of cables running down the wall.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A browser, just throws the video out there. I'm guessing tinycam needs brand info etc for ptz controls???

All a browser has is ip port . So, with my dumb cameras, not sure why tinycam can't just go to that ip number and do what the browser does? But only browser that works with this NVR is explorer and PC version of Firefox. Requires web components plugins.

I've tried several different things with various viewers...the only thing I can make work decent is Alibi Witness supported by Supercircuits ( it has a landscape problem though on the stick), and if this tinycam is a no go I guess I resort to hdmi to cat cable and run a problematic cable...and the not so nice view of cables running down the wall.
it cant do it because the app does not support plugins...You may provide access to the NVR to the developer.

Kyle

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I had no problem connecting directly to my hikvision camera via tinycam.. I'm testing it to see how long it will stay running