Android mini pc

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
it cant do it because the app does not support plugins...You may provide access to the NVR to the developer.
Actually there is some kind of "plugins" in tinyCam. It is called custom_vendors.xml. If NVR/camera support plain HTTP GET or RTSP, you can specify all requests and add your own model into the app. Check more info here http://tinycammonitor.com/custom.html

But in most cases, yes, you need to provide a temporary access to the developer (to me).

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Yes. All Hikvision devices share the same API. They should work.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. All Hikvision devices share the same API. They should work.
So how do I add NVR? There is no setting anywhere for that. You can only add cameras. For now I am individually adding each cam, but I'd like to be able to simply add NVR and it will load all my cams. Same as IVMS-4500.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
Select DS-7204HWI-SH model for example. This would be channel 1. Then in Manage Cameras press on it and select Copy. Then change channel to 2 in Camera Settings - Advanced. And so on.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm using a fire tv stick and having the same issues. I've tried the free version on tinycam, no luck. Is there a big difference between the free and Pro?
Can i ask how you got the tiny cam monitor pro onto the fire tv ? I can t figure it out and i have the pro version on my samsung 6 but would like to watch on my two fire tvs in bedroom and living room.

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
You need to buy tinyCam Monitor PRO (again) on Amazon AppStore or try to sideload tinyCam on Fire TV. Drop me PM if you need PRO apk for that.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is an app Apps2fire that lets you push it across to the fire tv.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.koni.appstofiretv
Perhaps a silly question but, do I install that in the Firetv and if so how ? I only use this fire tv with KODI and never done anything with them other than that.

Saw this on that app will it apply ?

Important: As of Android 6 (marshmallow) Google removed ADB (Android Debug Bridge). ADB is the base function for sideloading. Therefore, Apps2Fire (and similar Apps) will not work anymore. I'm sorry about but I cannot do anything about this. What a pity!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps a silly question but, do I install that in the Firetv and if so how ? I only use this fire tv with KODI and never done anything with them other than that.
the tinycampro app is available on the fire tv (at least on my stick) what is the issue?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You need to buy tinyCam Monitor PRO (again) on Amazon AppStore or try to sideload tinyCam on Fire TV. Drop me PM if you need PRO apk for that.
I own tiny cam pro and love it, I dont use Amazon store or I should say never have as I live in Canada and use Fire TV for my KODI movies etc. and was hesitant to get involved in thier radar in anyway. I wonder if I buy it through Amazon.ca it woudl not be effected ? or would the changes below still apply ? I dont mind buying it again BTW if you think it will work.

Important: As of Android 6 (marshmallow) Google removed ADB (Android Debug Bridge). ADB is the base function for sideloading. Therefore, Apps2Fire (and similar Apps) will not work anymore. I'm sorry about but I cannot do anything about this. What a pity!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Is it specific to Amazon fire TV? I am using nvidia shield to sideload and hoping it would not affect when they upgrade to 6.0

alexvas

tinyCam Developer
Reaction score
I own tiny cam pro and love it, I dont use Amazon store or I should say never have as I live in Canada and use Fire TV for my KODI movies etc. and was hesitant to get involved in thier radar in anyway. I wonder if I buy it through Amazon.ca it woudl not be effected ? or would the changes below still apply ? I dont mind buying it again BTW if you think it will work.
Yes, it will work. You can download tinyCam Monitor PRO from your Fire TV device from Amazon.ca.