Annke C800 vs Lorex E891AB for Onvif with BlueIRIS?

skk85

n3wb
Reaction score
I am on the fence with Annke C800 vs Lorex E891AB (costco) for Onvif with BlueIRIS.

Lorex E891AB : I like the motion activated LED spotlight and 2 way Audio, unsure about the ONVIF and BI support. I read this is onvif S/T profile supported but there is no actual review.

Annke C800:C800丨True 4K Ultra HD PoE Bullet/Dome IP Security Camera
Purely biased based on review here

There is no audio and motion activated LEDs, but i can live with this.

My main requirement is full onvif compliance along with motion detection in BlueIRIS. Motion detection support in BI is important as i am planning to integrate the motion detection events from camera to my Smarthome system.
pls suggest on which i can pull the trigger

Last edited by a moderator:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am on the fence with Annke C800 vs Lorex E891AB (costco) for Onvif with BlueIRIS.

Lorex E891AB : I like the motion activated LED spotlight and 2 way Audio, unsure about the ONVIF and BI support. I read this is onvif S/T profile supported but there is no actual review.

Annke C800:C800丨True 4K Ultra HD PoE Bullet/Dome IP Security Camera
Purely biased based on review here

There is no audio and motion activated LEDs, but i can live with this.

My main requirement is full onvif compliance along with motion detection in BlueIRIS. Motion detection support in BI is important as i am planning to integrate the motion detection events from camera to my Smarthome system.
pls suggest on which i can pull the trigger
Hi @skk85

Check the sensor on the Lorex camera...

The Annke C800:
Image Sensor 1/2.5" Sony STARVIS IMX274 Progressive Scan CMOS
Video Resolution 8MP (3840 × 2160 @15 fps)

Granted there is more than the sensor size to consider.. ideally start by looking for the larger sensors models.

Do check out the various threads and cameras which have been reviewed by members.

Do you only plan to buy one camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have removed the YouTube links to the fake “reviews”.

skk85

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @skk85

Check the sensor on the Lorex camera...

The Annke C800:
Image Sensor 1/2.5" Sony STARVIS IMX274 Progressive Scan CMOS
Video Resolution 8MP (3840 × 2160 @15 fps)

Granted there is more than the sensor size to consider.. ideally start by looking for the larger sensors models.

Do check out the various threads and cameras which have been reviewed by members.

Do you only plan to buy one camera?
I am planning to get 8 cams to start with. I did not know the review could have been a paid ad. Let me browse through the forum. My other factors are color night vision, number plate legibility and few more. I am newbie to this :)

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The lorex is a dahua 1831 rebrand (with added 2 way audio?). Pretty good if you can get a good price since 1/1.8" sensor. Think it only comes in 2.8mm though

Edit: Wait the e861 is a 1831 but this one seems different. Anyone know what OEM model it actually is ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Pretty good if you can get a good price since 1/1.8" sensor
Well 8MP on even a 1/1.8" sensor will not give you great low light color. Certainly not as good as any 5442.

My main requirement is full onvif compliance along with motion detection in BlueIRIS
If you plan on using BI, why are you considering a kit that comes with an NVR?

You really need to read the Cliff Notes.

Kits are generally not worth the money. You get low quality cams that are usually all the same FOV, and usually very wide angle.

As someone just starting out, do not jump in to buying a bunch of cams until you have a plan.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The lorex is a dahua 1831 rebrand (with added 2 way audio?). Pretty good if you can get a good price since 1/1.8" sensor. Think it only comes in 2.8mm though

Edit: Wait the e861 is a 1831 but this one seems different. Anyone know what OEM model it actually is ?
HI @Warptrooper

A number of members have attempted to install Dahua OEM firmware on Lorex branded cameras which we thought we had properly mapped to the Dahua OEM hardware. I have not seen reports of success with updating Lorex cameras.

Thus I suspect there could be some hardware differences to cameras which Lorex sells.

Currently I think you can find 'similar' models when you compare the specs - but perhaps not the same. Thus for many of us we check with Andy ( EmpireTecAndy here ) and see what deals he may have available to us for a proper Dahua OEM international model.

You can sometimes find other Dahua OEM products that folks have reviewed here also.

I am planning to get 8 cams to start with. I did not know the review could have been a paid ad. Let me browse through the forum. My other factors are color night vision, number plate legibility and few more. I am newbie to this :)
HI @skk85

Recommend taking some time reviewing here first before deciding what to pick up.

Chances are, any complete kit you pick up you will want to augment with a couple specialized cameras to get a tighter FOV that give you more "ID distance" to help cover the front of you home.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HI @Warptrooper

A number of members have attempted to install Dahua OEM firmware on Lorex branded cameras which we thought we had properly mapped to the Dahua OEM hardware. I have not seen reports of success with updating Lorex cameras.

Thus I suspect there could be some hardware differences to cameras which Lorex sells.

Currently I think you can find 'similar' models when you compare the specs - but perhaps not the same. Thus for many of us we check with Andy ( EmpireTecAndy here ) and see what deals he may have available to us for a proper Dahua OEM international model.

You can sometimes find other Dahua OEM products that folks have reviewed here also.

HI @skk85

Recommend taking some time reviewing here first before deciding what to pick up.

Chances are, any complete kit you pick up you will want to augment with a couple specialized cameras to get a tighter FOV that give you more "ID distance" to help cover the front of you home.
Yup I had already linked him the lorex cam and asked what's similar etc.

VisionxOrb

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the lorex does support onvif, Im using it on a LTS Dvr, I cant say what profiles but the onvif device manager tool reports onvif 16.12