Annke NP41F to Watchnet ENS-08POE

Mckitrick

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I recently acquired a Watchnet ENS-08POE DVR along with six IP cameras and I'd like to replace my existing system which consists of an ANNKE NP41F and four IP cameras.
What I'm *trying* to do is connect the four ANNKE cameras directly to the Watchnet NVR but it doesn't recognize the cameras. There are only three options in the camera type dropdown, two of which are watchnet and the other which is ONVIF. Nothing works with the Annke Cameras

However, when I scan IP's on the Watchnet NVR while the Annke NVR is connected to the same network, the Watchnet NVR finds the IPs and adds the Annke cameras just fine based on their IPs.
As long as I leave the Annke cameras connected to the Annke NVR, the Watchnet NVR sees the cameras just fine.

Is anyone familiar with Watchnet and the ENS-08POE? Is it simply a rebranded Dahua for which I can load Dahua firmware onto and "uncripple" it?

Here's what the info Screen Says:
Version 5.60pt
Build Date 26-08-2013
Web Ver 2.1.7.72
Serial No PA3MF###D##### (Replaced the actual numbers with the # symbol but kept letters intact in case it helps identify).

Thanks in advance!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I recently acquired a Watchnet ENS-08POE DVR along with six IP cameras and I'd like to replace my existing system which consists of an ANNKE NP41F and four IP cameras.
What I'm *trying* to do is connect the four ANNKE cameras directly to the Watchnet NVR but it doesn't recognize the cameras. There are only three options in the camera type dropdown, two of which are watchnet and the other which is ONVIF. Nothing works with the Annke Cameras

However, when I scan IP's on the Watchnet NVR while the Annke NVR is connected to the same network, the Watchnet NVR finds the IPs and adds the Annke cameras just fine based on their IPs.
As long as I leave the Annke cameras connected to the Annke NVR, the Watchnet NVR sees the cameras just fine.

Is anyone familiar with Watchnet and the ENS-08POE? Is it simply a rebranded Dahua for which I can load Dahua firmware onto and "uncripple" it?

Here's what the info Screen Says:
Version 5.60pt
Build Date 26-08-2013
Web Ver 2.1.7.72
Serial No PA3MF###D##### (Replaced the actual numbers with the # symbol but kept letters intact in case it helps identify).

Thanks in advance!
Welcome @Mckitrick

Annke has sold some real poor quality products in the past.. so you'll want to share more about what particular Annke camera models you are attempting to use.

Remember to look at the cliff notes in the wiki.