Annke NVR won’t recognise cameras

Andy12345

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. I have an Annke N46NPK 16 channel NVR - I am unsuccessful in adding cameras to the NVR. My IT guy cannot work it out either. We can get cameras (Onvif) to connect to the network via a Poe switch and then can view them through the nvr monitor but nvr cannot recognise camera either by plug n play or manual method. The camera is getting power when plugged into NVR. Spent many many hours now on this and hopefully someone has had similar problem and worked it out!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi. I have an Annke N46NPK 16 channel NVR - I am unsuccessful in adding cameras to the NVR. My IT guy cannot work it out either. We can get cameras (Onvif) to connect to the network via a Poe switch and then can view them through the nvr monitor but nvr cannot recognise camera either by plug n play or manual method. The camera is getting power when plugged into NVR. Spent many many hours now on this and hopefully someone has had similar problem and worked it out!
Hi @Andy12345

What cameras are you attempting to connect to the Annke NVR?

Are the NVR and cameras Hikvision OEM?

Andy12345

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @Andy12345

The camera is
Hi @Andy12345

Camera is S9815a from Alltronics. It is advertised as being ONVIF . I’ve also tried with Concord brand from Jaycar and Samsung brand. Nvr does nog have Hikvision written on it. Photo of box attached

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera is

Camera is S9815a from Alltronics. It is advertised as being ONVIF . I’ve also tried with Concord brand from Jaycar and Samsung brand. Nvr does nog have Hikvision written on it. Photo of box attached
Hi @Andy12345

Many of the Annke IP PoE products iirc are Hikvision OEM.

I'd try to run the cameras and Annke NVR channel for the camera as "default" ( i.e. Hikvision OEM APIs ) - ( I do not know the interface of Hikvision so not certain how it is described - but it should be native or default mode )

If that is not working, then set ONVIF on the camera and ONVIF on the NVR channel that the camera is attached to.

Remember to sync user / password, port, ip info.