Annoying problem...

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi guys

When power to the NVR goes out some of the settings goes back to original position. for example when i added the scheduled switch for day and night it remembers the settings but that 1st drop down box called "Scheduled-switch" doesnt stay if power goes or even shutting down the box properly still does this. it drives me insane having to log into each camera to turn it back on.

who thought this was a good idea? they should be in a mental hospital!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi guys

When power to the NVR goes out some of the settings goes back to original position. for example when i added the scheduled switch for day and night it remembers the settings but that 1st drop down box called "Scheduled-switch" doesnt stay if power goes or even shutting down the box properly still does this. it drives me insane having to log into each camera to turn it back on.

who thought this was a good idea? they should be in a mental hospital!
Welcome David,

Thanks for your first post. I have a battery backup on my NVR so I have not yet experienced that. What NVR model do you have?

We've got lots of great information here being shared, so please do check out the forum

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

David87965

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Welcome David,

Thanks for your first post. I have a battery backup on my NVR so I have not yet experienced that. What NVR model do you have?

We've got lots of great information here being shared, so please do check out the forum

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.
Thanks mate!

My setup consists of authentic Hikvision DS-7608-NIK2 with 8 PoE ports and at the moment 3 8MP Authentic Hikvision cameras - DS2CD2T85FWD-I8. I use the NVR, the Web GUI and iVMS4200 for doing setting changes but i barely touch the NVR. i use Web or iVMS mostly. The NVR is managing all cameras and NVR then has a LAN cable to router.

I heard about UPS's but apparently they are expensive? havent looked into them yet. I wonder if its possible to set virtual host on the NVR then use iVMS to connect to all the cameras so i dont need to log in 3x hmmmm