Another day, another boat crashing into my dock... sigh

juanvan

n3wb
Reaction score
Getting those vine cut on the corner would fix it more than a water cannon.
Unless you want a new deck and headaches.

And in Florida you don't have to report an accident unless 2k+ of damage is caused, would be lot of damage to that dock to get to 2k.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Getting those vine cut on the corner would fix it more than a water cannon.
Unless you want a new deck and headaches.

And in Florida you don't have to report an accident unless 2k+ of damage is caused, would be lot of damage to that dock to get to 2k.
Two pontoons can pass there no problem, happens every day. The same could be said about any given mailbox along side a street.
Yes that dead tree could be cut out, if I had a boat and tools to do so.
The bottom line is "slow the fuck down when entering an area where you had 75yd straight on view of and could easily see and slow down for the other boaters".

I'm not looking to sue anyone. This happens a lot and Im instead trying to shame the tour boat operators into being a little more careful. Over 10,000 views in our little area so far, I think they'll get the message. And I'll post it every time it happens now

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but got the last two on that return shot
Yes, I noticed but I was thinking FL had some requirements on location, size, color of the characters, etc. that would help prevent possible "accidental obfucation" of future ID's of other watercraft.

FL seems to be pretty squared away in many areas when it comes to stuff like that.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just a couple of FYI's...

Reaction score
When I was a kid I built a shake alarm using a mercury switch I pulled from an old Honeywell round home thermostat. I used a 6-volt lantern battery, an electronic horn, rotating light, and a resettable relay.

You could probably get LED lights or even a car alarm shake sensor now. I don't know if one can get a mercury switch nowadays.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if one can get a mercury switch nowadays.
Yep, you still can.

What ever happened to Erector Sets and Chemistry sets by Gilbert and American(?) Scientific and others?
The 120 AC powered motor in my Erector set, circa 1959, had a gear-reduction transmission, worm gear drive from the motor to the trans and I think would mangle anything that got into those UN-covered gears...it was a BRUTE!

We've talked about the pre-70's lack of auto set belts, metal car dashboards and pointed dash knobs, no bike helmets, missing fenders and chain guards, playground merry-go-rounds, see-saws, teeter-totters, jungle gyms and monkey bars....but I am truly amazed (and blessed) to still have both eyes, all my fingers and toes after building all kinds of stuff with my Erector set and helping one of my neighbor friends with HIS chemistry set! :lmao: