Another New Guy

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
Or just look at this thread:

Dahua NVR / Cameras, Unboxing, Setup and Install...

You do have to read a lot of literature to fully understand any camera system.
Thanks. This was pretty much what I was looking for.
After a good nights sleep I came up with the idea to temporarily set up the camera upstairs so I can play around with it before I attempt to install it outside.
I was attempting to study the software from the supplied dvd but that went nowhere.

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Just go here and download the latest ToolBox : This way you will get the latest config tool version. The last couple cams I got I had to Initialize them before they would show up on network, even if I had the correct subnet. Anyway this will at least get you started in the right direction.

First go here:

ConfigTool - Dahua Wiki

Then click the circled link and dl the toolbox

upload_2018-9-29_9-42-34.png

Then look for your cam using the included config tool:

configtool.JPG

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
Just go here and download the latest ToolBox : This way you will get the latest config tool version. The last couple cams I got I had to Initialize them before they would show up on network, even if I had the correct subnet. Anyway this will at le
So the computers refuse to read the dvd? There are probably links on the forum where you can download the software. Are you planning on using the Dahua software as your nvr/recording software?
That is correct. They refuse to read the dvd.
I tried downloading the 'Config Toolbox' like Tinman suggested but evidently my Mac won't support it. "You can't open the application "General Toolbox xxx" because Microsoft Windows Applications are not supported by OS X".
I also downloaded "SmartPPS' as someone else suggested but I can't find it on my computer. It said the operation was successful but I cannot 'bring it up' or even find where it is on my computer. And you wonder why I don't know what I'm doing.
I'm still stuck at step one with this camera...which I have yet to see anyone address on any of the posts I've read so far. The part where you open the back cover and do the "adress setting', the "Baud rate, Parity, and HD/SD, and the "Terminal Matching Resistance Setup". And am I correct in assuming that my camera is a HDCVI Speed Dome? As it makes a difference in the aforementioned settings.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that camera, does it come with a power supply? If so is there any response when it is plugged into power?

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an 'Injector' for power.
The camera does come on after a moment or two, then it cycles, as in, it pans back and forth, then it tilts up and down, then (I'm assuming by the sounds it makes) it zooms in and out, and then it turns head to the wall and hangs it in shame.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I suggest you hire someone to do this for you..based on your posts, and your inability to find a downloaded file on your mac, there is simply no way you can do this on your own.

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
I suggest you hire someone to do this for you..based on your posts, and your inability to find a downloaded file on your mac, there is simply no way you can do this on your own.
You are probably correct.
Thanks for your input.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The directions that came with the camera direct me to make the settings I listed for either Analog Speed Dome or HDCVI Speed Dome. This is why I'm asking.
its a general installation guide manual..you dont need to anything...you do need to know how to log in to a network camera