Anyone have an explanation for this?

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if the power goes out, or if i disconnect a single camera and plug it back in, then all the other cameras play musical chairs, it doesnt matter how many times i reboot, or unplug and plug back in, there's always one camera that doesnt connect. I rebooted with no cameras and plugged each camera in one by one and this is the result. If the power goes out, do your cameras reboot normal? i've had nothing but problems with these cameras and nvr.
thisisbullshit.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I have one NVR that happens to once in a while. All I do is reboot it using the reboot command on the NVR and all come back as expected. Think it has to do with a less than graceful shutdown/boot up upon power outage

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
evening red :) i've rebooted about 15 times, no dice. the closest i've come is only 1 camera down. the ports are fine, if there's anyone that has the worst luck with cams/NVR it's me.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
here's what it does after a reboot, and just keeps cycling thru different cams going on/off line.

reboot1.png

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
and another reboot, some times they go online, sometimes they go offline. now if i click device search, they all show up on the top row as being online, however when i click LIVE it says invalid login, the live button has never worked.

reboot2.png

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i had 1 out of 5 offline, i unplugged it, plugged it back in, nothing... i rebooted and lost 3 other cameras, anyone?

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just rebooted and waited 5 minutes, now i have zero cameras, sigh.

grrr.png

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Are the user name and PW for the cams the same as the NVR user name PW ? If they are different, the cams will time out and not auto login.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
when you plug in a cam into the nvr with a built in switch poe switch, the nvr will assign the cam your nvr username and password automatically. i'm at a stand still with this mess, cant believe it.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
when you plug in a cam into the nvr with a built in switch poe switch, the nvr will assign the cam your nvr username and password automatically. i'm at a stand still with this mess, cant believe it.
I guess you could say it pulls it credentials from the NVR, if your cams have different ones, and you plug in a cam you need to click the edit(pencil) looking icon and enter the username and PW or it will time out.
Edit.... Thats why its its very important to bench test every cam prior to hooking them up to any NVR, internal poe or not. I always use 2 usernames on my cams, one for admin stuff and I always make 1 the same as a user and PW that is on my nvr.

Last edited:

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess you could say it pulls it credentials from the NVR, if your cams have different ones, and you plug in a cam you need to click the edit(pencil) looking icon and enter the username and PW or it will time out.
i'll try to manually enter it and report back, thx for the help, this is not a set it and forget it camera system, this literally drives me nuts

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
clicked the pencil, manually entered username and password , apply, and refresh and still nothing. if i reboot, then the cameras that are online will go offline, and the offline cameras will go online, most of them anyways.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
OK This is what I would do, I know your frustration level is high now and you well in fact might have a defective NVR but as a last ditch effort.

1. Make certain that the cams have the same user and PW as the nvr.
2. Unplug all cams
3.reboot , reset the NVR
4. Add 1 cam at a time.
do not plug all of them at once. Sometimes it might a min or so for the cams to come on line once you have verbatim users and pw on the NVR and cams.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i've done this already, that's what i've done in the past to get them to connect. i'm trying another round and if it does the same thing then i know there's a problem.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I will say this, it seems you are not the only one as of late having issues with the newer NVR's and firmwares issues. You in fact might have corrupted firmware, perhaps ask Andy for a link for a update.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
he said there isn't one yet. reboot, added cam1, success, adding cam2 now...

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I have had NVR that took me forever to set up and run like clock work until a reboot then a lot of settings were lost, a firmware update did fix it

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
man i hope that's the case, if i find the firmware, can i re-write the same firmware? cam2 success! adding cam3

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
man i hope that's the case, if i find the firmware, can i re-write the same firmware? cam2 success! adding cam3
Sometimes you can downgrade once you have updated, sometimes not.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i disconnected 1 camera, when i plugged it back in, all hell broke loose. there's a bad storm approaching, i can only assume when the power goes out this process will have to repeat. i've literally been at this for 4 hours now, trying to get ALL 5 of my cameras to show online, this is nucking futs.