Anyone have an explanation for this?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
i disconnected 1 camera, when i plugged it back in, all hell broke loose. there's a bad storm approaching, i can only assume when the power goes out this process will have to repeat. i've literally been at this for 4 hours now, trying to get ALL 5 of my cameras to show online, this is nucking futs.
Why did you disconnect? if it went out by itself thats one thing but if you are pulling it from the NVR and have not connected the rest all bets are off, they like to port and channel jump. Once you have all of them set, if everything is working ok, it should come back by itself, If you have to repeat this every time the power goes out, then there is a issue for sure.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i was finishing tidying up the closet and one cable pulled out of the nvr, the little tab on the RJ45 broke off. i waited a few minutes before i plugged it back in and that's when the sh!t hit the fan. cam3 is a success. instead of rebooting , i clicked shutdown, waited a minute, turned off the switch on the back of the nvr, unplugged all cameras, turned it on, waited about 3 minutes, and added a cam into port1, waited 3 minutes, added cam2, etc... so far this is the only method of adding cameras, i'll wait a few more mins and add cam5 as long as cam4 is a success. then i'll have to babysit it for a few to make sure they stay online. if they stay, then i'll disconnect the lan and plug it direct into my laptoop and then goto live view, edit the IVS, etc and see if i get a live view.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
i was finishing tidying up the closet and one cable pulled out of the nvr, the little tab on the RJ45 broke off. i waited a few minutes before i plugged it back in and that's when the sh!t hit the fan. cam3 is a success. instead of rebooting , i clicked shutdown, waited a minute, turned off the switch on the back of the nvr, unplugged all cameras, turned it on, waited about 3 minutes, and added a cam into port1, waited 3 minutes, added cam2, etc... so far this is the only method of adding cameras, i'll wait a few more mins and add cam5 as long as cam4 is a success. then i'll have to babysit it for a few to make sure they stay online. if they stay, then i'll disconnect the lan and plug it direct into my laptoop and then goto live view, edit the IVS, etc and see if i get a live view.
Well Im rooting for you, I have spent the last 8 years effing with Dahua NVR's and Cams, I know the frustration level without good manuals, In the end all the system I have done run really good once the setup and fine tuning is set correctly.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i havent even set up my vlans, vpn, etc. been jacking with this crap. adding cam5 (fingers crossed) lol.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
what is the make of that cam, click in the pencil and try to change it from private to Onvif

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
ok i see an issue, i numbered the ethernet cables with the port numbers, see how it says front twice? channel 5 should say "gate" i've refreshed a few times and no change. if i unplug this cam, and plug it back it, it "may" come back online, BUT it will knock 1-4 other cams offline. WTF over?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
it's andys loryta 2231T
The NVR is not picking it up correct as a private cam, see if you can change it to onvif should change the port to 80 Edit---I do not believe having the cam named the same should make a difference.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i can try, it's always picked it up as private, it was onvif, this is one of my first cams and always worked. was told to change it to private.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
i can try, it's always picked it up as private, it was onvif, this is one of my first cams and always worked. was told to change it to private.
well the NVR does not know what it is. worth a shot.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
changing it to onvif worked! i changed it back to private and so far so good, wasn't the password, now when the power goes out here shortly from the storm i'll see what happens, now i'll plug directly into the nvr and see if i get a playback and update the other thread.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
beer is much needed after this, also watching my friend live stream in new york, he has a nice camera pointed to the sky and the stars are twinkling. look for billny skywatcher on youtube, he's a hoot.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
beer is much needed after this, also watching my friend live stream in new york, he has a nice camera pointed to the sky and the stars are twinkling. look for billny skywatcher on youtube, he's a hoot.
I will

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
One more thing, I would backup my config file if all cams are working, if something happens you can restore it, it should be in your settings.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have no idea where that is off the top of my head, it's been one of those days/nights.

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i think i found it, operation, system maintain , import/export. see there's layers of this thing that i haven't explored, haven't hadtime to get to it with to many roadblocks in the way. there's not even a current user manual for this thing, i found a 4.4.9 but it's still flawed and lacking features, even some of the camera manuals dont list all the features. language barrier doesnt help either. so quick to get these cameras and software out but has plenty of bugs and limited support. I know i drive people nuts on here, i though ti had a decent grasp on this stuff but man what a nightmare. thanks for the help, i'm going to direct connect and update the other thread.