Anyone have an IPC-HDBW4231F-AS?

Xicaque

n3wb
Reaction score
Help! I am about to kick this camera onto the left field!

Got this camera and I've been trying to connect it to BI. No dice. My network will not even alert me that it is connected when I plug it into my PoE switch. Can't log into when I type the IP address that comes with it.

If you have one running with BI, please share what you did and what setting you have to make it work.

So far, this camera has been taking my free time when after I come for work for the past few days. Searched the web but got nothing.

Not impressed with this process and Dahua cameras. My Axis and Unifi cameras are a lot easier to connect.

Thanks for your help!

Rob

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Got this camera and I've been trying to connect it to BI. No dice. My network will not even alert me that it is connected when I plug it into my PoE switch. Can't log into when I type the IP address that comes with it.

If you have one running with BI, please share what you did and what setting you have to make it work.

So far, this camera has been taking my free time when after I come for work for the past few days. Searched the web but got nothing.

Not impressed with this process and Dahua cameras. My Axis and Unifi cameras are a lot easier to connect.

Thanks for your help!

Rob
you are confused....you cannot get it to work with BI if you cant view it via browser...
The camera must be on the same subnet as your network...the default ip is 192.168.1.108 if your network range is for example 192.168.0.1-200 it wont work, you need to change the ip of the camera or network first...there are a bunch of threads that discuss how to do this...its a 30 second process.

Xicaque

n3wb
Reaction score
Fenderman,

thanks for the reply little buddy! The ip addressing was the part that was not clicking in my head. I need to get more rest.

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks for your help!

Rob
Your network should not "alert you" when the camera is connected. You must locate the device on your network with the ip location tool included on the software cd or found on dahua website. With the tool you can find and access the camera, as well as assign a desired ip address. Very simple to use cameras, very good quality.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your network should not "alert you" when the camera is connected. You must locate the device on your network with the ip location tool included on the software cd or found on dahua website. With the tool you can find and access the camera, as well as assign a desired ip address. Very simple to use cameras, very good quality.

Also, "the address that comes with it" may not apply if your dhcp server has assigned a different ip address to avoid an ip address conflict with another device in your network. You need to locate using the dahua tool.

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fenderman,

thanks for the reply little buddy! The ip addressing was the part that was not clicking in my head. I need to get more rest.
No problem! I'm no expert but I've set up many brands of IP cameras and dahua and hikvision are two of my favorites. I'll be glad to help if I can!

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was looking at purchasing this cam - how are you getting on with it? Not really seen any reviews for it on here (or I couldn't find one if there is one). (sorry to drag up the old thread)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I was looking at purchasing this cam - how are you getting on with it? Not really seen any reviews for it on here (or I couldn't find one if there is one). (sorry to drag up the old thread)
Hi Jagradang,

Numerous members have it, and have shared their experiences with it.
Just search the forum for it and you can find numerous examples.

imho it is the first choice for a camera by your front door and indoors if you need a smaller vandal resistant camera. Nice solid camera.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Jagradang,

Numerous members have it, and have shared their experiences with it.
Just search the forum for it and you can find numerous examples.

imho it is the first choice for a camera by your front door and indoors if you need a smaller vandal resistant camera. Nice solid camera.
Thank you. I was looking for specific post with the review hence why probably missed those. I'll each again and go through the posts.

Appreciate the help, sounds like it is what I'm looking for which is good!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk